The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3 (8035/3) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3 exam go today?

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 3: Geographical Applications
(8035/3) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16 Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 1h 15m
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello TSR staff, can you create an exam discussion for this paper. @Evil Homer, @Pwca
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Acallur
Hello TSR staff, can you create an exam discussion for this paper. @Evil Homer, @Pwca

All done :smile:
Reply 3
Help idk what to prepare idk how to use my fieldwork in relation to the quesitons
Reply 4
Anyone been given any predicted questions or ideas to focus on?
Reply 5
Original post by yukhei
Help idk what to prepare idk how to use my fieldwork in relation to the quesitons

Original post by Pwca
All done :smile:

For Geography P3 do we have to actually memorise anything
Reply 6
no not really
Reply 7
Original post by lxmn_77
For Geography P3 do we have to actually memorise anything

Um i dont think so
What should we be doing to prepare for the booklet section of the exam?
Do we need to memorise any data from our fieldwork?
Reply 10
Is it bad that we haven't been on any fieldwork trip and our teacher is lying to AQA telling them we have? We also haven't learnt any describing/analysis of data...
Original post by Arnavvations
Do we need to memorise any data from our fieldwork?

Surely we can make it up, it’s not like they’re gonna find us and ask if we lied or not
Original post by CTL173
Is it bad that we haven't been on any fieldwork trip and our teacher is lying to AQA telling them we have? We also haven't learnt any describing/analysis of data...

Yeah I’m pretty sure your school had to sign some document for Aqa saying that you’ve been on an urban and a physical fieldwork trip, so it is slightly bad. But I’ve heard that you can make up data, as long as it is not too wild and can’t pass as believable. Good luck for tmrw
Reply 13
im doing coastal protection as my fieldwork. if longshore drift is from left to right and there's smaller rocks in sites to the right compared to sites to the left, does that mean the coastal protection is working because the big rocks aren't getting moved down the coast?
i would recommend revising a 12 mark answer about if you agree or disagree with the construction of the port
Reply 15
helpp i dont get anythinggg
whats acc in this paper
Reply 16
Original post by veetee1234
Yeah I’m pretty sure your school had to sign some document for Aqa saying that you’ve been on an urban and a physical fieldwork trip, so it is slightly bad. But I’ve heard that you can make up data, as long as it is not too wild and can’t pass as believable. Good luck for tmrw

do u hafta like memorise the facts and that
so theres 2 sections, 1 is about the geography pre-release you should have been given in class and the other section is about the fieldwork you did, i.e my class went to seaford

Original post by A____J
helpp i dont get anythinggg
whats acc in this paper
Original post by A____J
do u hafta like memorise the facts and that

no you get the pre-release in the exam with all the facts
Reply 19
Original post by c0ffee.stripes
so theres 2 sections, 1 is about the geography pre-release you should have been given in class and the other section is about the fieldwork you did, i.e my class went to seaford

ok thanks
so the pe rlease thing we got, well get asked qs abotu that right - like a comprhension?
and fieldwork is like what u did - we went lake district

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending