The Student Room Group

Uni applications for 2024

Hi, what sort of time should I look at applying for uni? I’m a current year 12 student, I know applications are open now but I don’t want to rush, or leave it too late as I really want to make a good impression.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hi!

You can start applying this September if you prefer, as it'll give you enough time to look at different aspects of applications. For some specific courses, it's better to start applying early while you can take some time to apply for others.
Original post by Ella.smith._x
Hi, what sort of time should I look at applying for uni? I’m a current year 12 student, I know applications are open now but I don’t want to rush, or leave it too late as I really want to make a good impression.
Thanks in advance!

Hey @Ella.smith._x :smile: If you're at sixth form/college then there will be a team of staff whose job it is to assist with the UCAS process. If you have a head of year then there's no harm in contacting them to ask when they normally start planning for this. They'll keep you right with deadlines etc! Often schools will also give their cohort a 'buzzword' so that they can keep an eye on all applications so I'd advise waiting for this.

In the meantime if you're keen to get visiting universities and doing some research then go for it - lots of us have summer events taking place at the moment, and main open day season will normally be September/October :biggrin:

Good luck!!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
hi, you can from september- jan i believe but dates very per year specifically.

for anyone else that is more knowledgeable than me, are u more likely to get a place at uni in september rather than january?
Reply 4
It wont 'create a good impression' because, unless you are applying for early entry courses like Medicine or to Oxford/Cambridge. Unis dont actually care when you apply as long as its before the 2024 deadline - 31 January.
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @Ella.smith._x :smile: If you're at sixth form/college then there will be a team of staff whose job it is to assist with the UCAS process. If you have a head of year then there's no harm in contacting them to ask when they normally start planning for this. They'll keep you right with deadlines etc! Often schools will also give their cohort a 'buzzword' so that they can keep an eye on all applications so I'd advise waiting for this.

In the meantime if you're keen to get visiting universities and doing some research then go for it - lots of us have summer events taking place at the moment, and main open day season will normally be September/October :biggrin:

Good luck!!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Hi Catlin

I want to do Computing science at Strath and I achieved ABBBB at higher. But i am predicted 3 As at advanced higher in Computing Maths and Statistics will I still be considered?
Reply 6
Check the Strathclyde course pages for the entry requirements - there is usually a Highers requirement and then the AH requirement to meet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending