The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Geography not heard back yet

Hi. I applied via UCAS to Newcastle to do Geography. It’s the BA course L701 starting September 2024 and my application went in at the start of January. My predicted grades meet the criteria and I also want to play rugby for the uni as I’m on a pathway. I got an email early February saying I was still being considered but have heard nothing else. As it’s been around 2 months since I applied and I’ve had offers back from the other Unis I applied to should I take it that my application will be rejected?
Original post by SiGreenwood
Hi. I applied via UCAS to Newcastle to do Geography. It’s the BA course L701 starting September 2024 and my application went in at the start of January. My predicted grades meet the criteria and I also want to play rugby for the uni as I’m on a pathway. I got an email early February saying I was still being considered but have heard nothing else. As it’s been around 2 months since I applied and I’ve had offers back from the other Unis I applied to should I take it that my application will be rejected?

You should absolutely not "take it that my application will be rejected". You'll know if your application has been unsuccessful, because they'll tell you.

Everyone expects unis to respond within a few weeks, but sometimes they take months. Remember, their deadline to respond to you isn't until mid-May. You just need to be patient.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
hi !! i put in my application around jan 16-17ish, and i applied to newcastle for french and chinese, they still haven’t gotten back to me yet either !!

i got an email saying they might want an interview first before giving an offer though
Hi @SiGreenwood,

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. Please be aware that we receive a large volume of applications, and each application is considered individually. As such, there is no specific timescale that we respond within.

However, all applicants who applied before/on the UCAS equal consideration deadline at 18:00 on Wednesday 31 January 2024 will receive a decision by Thursday 16 May 2024.

If you would like an update on your application you are welcome to contact us.

Hana
Reply 4
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @SiGreenwood,

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. Please be aware that we receive a large volume of applications, and each application is considered individually. As such, there is no specific timescale that we respond within.

However, all applicants who applied before/on the UCAS equal consideration deadline at 18:00 on Wednesday 31 January 2024 will receive a decision by Thursday 16 May 2024.

If you would like an update on your application you are welcome to contact us.

Hana
What is someone to do if they don't get their offer until after all the offer holder days have been and gone?
Original post by Artjen
What is someone to do if they don't get their offer until after all the offer holder days have been and gone?
Hi @Artjen,

We are holding 6 Offer Holder Experience Days between March and May. Different subjects will be taking part on different dates:

Saturday 9 March 2024

Wednesday 20 March 2024

Saturday 23 March 2024

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Saturday 27 April 2024

Saturday 11 May 2024

Unfortunately, it may be the case that some applicants will receive an offer after the Offer Holder Experience Days have taken place. In this scenario, they would be welcome to contact their relevant Academic School to enquire about the possibility of an individual visit. Contact details can be found via this page.

We do also offer the opportunity to have a student-led walking tour of the University campus where applicants can:

get a real feel for Newcastle as a city

discover how to navigate campus as a Newcastle University student

get first-hand insights from your Student Ambassador tour guide

There is also general information about Newcastle and the surrounding area on our City Life guide. Applicants may also be interested in viewing Virtual Tours of the city and campus.

Hana
(edited 1 month ago)
Same here- had offers back from all my other universities. I'm thinking of withdrawing my application to Newcastle so I can choose my firm and insurance from other offers.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Same here- had offers back from all my other universities. I'm thinking of withdrawing my application to Newcastle so I can choose my firm and insurance from other offers.
Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for considering Newcastle University :smile:

The Undergraduate Admissions Team are busy working through applications as quickly as they can. However, the time it takes to process an application can vary depending on the course applied to, and personal circumstances.

We would be happy to provide you with an update on your application if you would like to get in touch with us via our enquiry form, telephone lines (0191 208 3333, option 1) or live chat service on our website. Telephone lines are open 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday and our live chat service is available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (with the exception of a Wednesday when live chat is available from 10am).

Hana
Reply 8
Geography offers came in at the end of last week. ABB required.
I don’t qualify for partners so tried going down the sports pathway to get my grades reduced, I play rugby at a fairly high standard, but didn’t get anywhere.
ABB is possible but it’s going to be very tight.
Geography offers came in at the end of last week. ABB required.
I don’t qualify for partners so tried going down the sports pathway to get my grades reduced, I play rugby at a fairly high standard, but didn’t get anywhere.
ABB is possible but it’s going to be very tight.
All geography offers came in?
Original post by damanbest123
All geography offers came in?

Not sure. Took a while for mine to come through.
Not sure. Took a while for mine to come through.

Okay, so I assume they don’t get back to all geography students at the same time then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending