The Student Room Group

feeling burned out, what about you?

As the end of the school year is approaching I feel quite tired and bored.
I feel like this school year taught me nothing and I've felt sort of isolated and alone the entire time. I lost a lot of friends in the beginning of the year, i got into a relationship with a guy i really liked and turns out he ended up cheating on me and lost one of my best friends over that guy because I kept talking about him and i couldnt get over it so she thought i was being annoying and left me. To top it all off ive been grounded for the past few months and my birthday is on june 15th. (in 2 days). My parents haven't mentioned when i will be ungrounded or if we will even celebrate my birthday. They have just been super cold and it doesn't seem like the genuinly care about my feelings unless it has to do with grades or school. School ends in two weeks and I feel like ive completley missed out on everything and I feel miserable. I dont know if this is just because of the long school year and everyone feels this way or if its just me.

Let me know what you think....
Reply 1
im sorry to hear that :-((( its common to feel s**tty at the end of a school year but you sound like youve had a harder time than most! over the summer, take some time for yourself. read some books, go outside for walks, and spend some time with yourself. if theres any way you can ""apologise"" to your parents that sounds sincere and gets them to un-ground you, that might speed up the process! you dont need to mean it, and it doesnt matter if you dont, but its far more painless to fake an apology to get un-grounded sooner. what did you get grounded for, if youre comfortable sharing? i might be able to help you construct something to say to them.

and, happy birthday for tomorrow :-))) i hope you can at least get some cake!

Quick Reply

Latest