The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Further Mathematics MEI Mechanics Minor Y431/01 - 14 Jun 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did it go?

Didnt find one, so here u go

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:frown::frown:
Reply 2
couldn’t answer a single thing
How did everyone find it?
Reply 4
That’s got to be the hardest mech minor i’ve seen! Volumes in a minor centre of mass question is such a scam.
Reply 5
Original post by erenyeagers
couldn’t answer a single thing

i’m getting a U on this paper answered 2/6 questions
Reply 6
that was awful. alpha= 1 beta =2 gamma =1 though right?
Reply 7
Original post by yacob_123
that was awful. alpha= 1 beta =2 gamma =1 though right?

yeah same. only question i answered confidently
Reply 8
Original post by santokes
yeah same. only question i answered confidently

same, hopefully I got marks on question 2 though. What did you get for the power in part a?
Reply 9
yea that centre of mass question finished me. Got to the point of using quotient rule and gave yp cuz it just took too long. Did they not learn from last years mechanics or what 😭
Reply 10
Yeah I am finished. Answer q1 q2
Q3 was really poorly done probably got it wrong

And then I had a mental mind blank and couldn’t even resolve forces or do anything. Cried after the paper, men do cry
Reply 11
Original post by owarida
yea that centre of mass question finished me. Got to the point of using quotient rule and gave yp cuz it just took too long. Did they not learn from last years mechanics or what 😭

i dont understand whats going thru their heads with all these mechanics papers
Reply 12
My friend found it alright I couldn’t even find H and theta and that’s like normal A-Level Maths…. My mind was blank and yeh. I hope my examiner likes the tears on my paper
No because same wtaf was tgat exam
Original post by hxtrinity
my friend found it alright i couldn’t even find h and theta and that’s like normal a-level maths…. My mind was blank and yeh. I hope my examiner likes the tears on my paper
Reply 14
Original post by HxTrinity
Yeah I am finished. Answer q1 q2
Q3 was really poorly done probably got it wrong

And then I had a mental mind blank and couldn’t even resolve forces or do anything. Cried after the paper, men do cry

real asf, what was ur value for the coefficient of restitution maybe u got it right
That one was rough boys hopefully low grade boundaries like last year.
Original post by owarida
real asf, what was ur value for the coefficient of restitution maybe u got it right

i got 5/6 for the first part, and then 0.8 something on the second part. Idk if thats right though
Reply 17
Original post by owarida

I got 11/15
I don’t what was going thru their minds when they were making this paper?
Original post by bathingmytoaster
i got 5/6 for the first part, and then 0.8 something on the second part. Idk if thats right though

I got 5/6 too

Quick Reply

Latest