The Student Room Group

Ocr Mei further maths stats major

How did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
alright overall but I stupidly used Willcoxen rather than t-test :frown: 11 marks down the drain
Reply 2
decent ngl, got suspicious values for t test and chi-squared but other than that pretty straightforward
Reply 3
anyone remember what they got for sum of chi-squared value?
Reply 4
Original post by isbh19
anyone remember what they got for sum of chi-squared value?

it was 2. something maybe 2.7
Reply 5
did ppl get 1/2 for a?
Reply 6
Original post by isbh19
did ppl get 1/2 for a?

yup
Reply 7
Original post by yacob_123
alright overall but I stupidly used Willcoxen rather than t-test :frown: 11 marks down the drain

was it t-test or wilcoxen?
Reply 8
Original post by ErenGreen

T test
Reply 9

pretty sure t-test, the data was normal
Reply 10
(edited 10 months ago)

So did I, but I still got that the test statistic wasn't significant. And if a lot of people used wilcoxon the final mark scheme may accommodate that with us getting like 6//7 out of the 11 marks
also what do ppl think the grade boundaries for an A* will be?
Reply 13
Original post by releaseskate
also what do ppl think the grade boundaries for an A* will be?

105-110? What do u think
pretty sure t-test, the data was normal

whattt really 😭😭 if u look at q8 from the 2019 paper it was a very similar question and wilcoxon was used because the p value was low and the data was not roughly linear if i’m not wrong
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 15
can someone explain why it was t-test for that 10 marker, to be sure? thanks
Reply 16
Original post by erenyeagers
whattt really 😭😭 if u look at q8 from the 2019 paper it was a very similar question and wilcoxon was used because the p value was low and the data was not roughly linear if i’m not wrong

(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by erenyeagers

This was exactly my train of thought during the exam. The data was ambiguous whether it was linear or not, and the p value of like 0.235 was low. I hope they realise ppl could’ve gone either way for that question
(edited 10 months ago)
the sketch on this year's paper was MUCH straighter than the 2019 sketch/plot - it's from a sample so you can't expect it to be perfectly straight. Also, the p-value was 0.24 this year compared to 0.04 in 2019 (that is what I am going to tell myself though - i could be wrong)

valid - but i wouldn’t say it was MUCH straighter tbh & i don’t mean to sound stupid rn but i wouldn’t think a t test would be worth so many marks 😭😭 hopefully we’d get at least a few marks for either test though because i think it was pretty difficult to pick between the two with what they gave us
Reply 19
Original post by Adelle376473
105-110? What do u think

what about for an A?

Quick Reply

Latest