The Student Room Group

Need help !

I’ve just received my university second year results back and I’ve realised I’ve ended up with a 2:2
Here are my results: 7 modules in total all are 20 credits each
50%, 50%,51%,65%,65% = yet to receive my last module grade however I did get 47% on a assignment which weighed 70% and the written exam weighs 30%. Which is incredibly bad but this was due to my depression and anxiety
Can anyone tell me what percentage I’d need to get to receive a 2:1 in third year please I’ve tried to do some calculations however I’m still a little unsure
Thankyou
Hi, to calculate this you need your university’s year weightings and your missing module grade. We could estimate it without the final module grade but it wouldn’t be completely accurate :smile:

Also, I’m a little confused - you say there were seven modules total in second year, but you’ve only provided five grades. Accounting for the missing module only brings this total up to six. Are you missing a second module or are there only six?
Reply 2
Normally, you cover 120 credits in a year, so two of the modules must be 10. Also, what is the weighting split between years 2 and 3?
Reply 3
Year 2 weighs 25%
Year3 weighs 75%
There’s 6 modules I’ve only provided 5 since I have t received results for the one
Reply 4
each module credits equal to 20 credits
Yes sorry so it’s 6 modules with one missing atm also second year weighs 25% and third year weighs 75%

Original post by CriticalMuppet
Hi, to calculate this you need your university’s year weightings and your missing module grade. We could estimate it without the final module grade but it wouldn’t be completely accurate :smile:

Also, I’m a little confused - you say there were seven modules total in second year, but you’ve only provided five grades. Accounting for the missing module only brings this total up to six. Are you missing a second module or are there only six?
Original post by Mahnoor 8555
I’ve just received my university second year results back and I’ve realised I’ve ended up with a 2:2
Here are my results: 7 modules in total all are 20 credits each
50%, 50%,51%,65%,65% = yet to receive my last module grade however I did get 47% on a assignment which weighed 70% and the written exam weighs 30%. Which is incredibly bad but this was due to my depression and anxiety
Can anyone tell me what percentage I’d need to get to receive a 2:1 in third year please I’ve tried to do some calculations however I’m still a little unsure
Thankyou

Original post by Mahnoor 8555
each module credits equal to 20 credits
Yes sorry so it’s 6 modules with one missing atm also second year weighs 25% and third year weighs 75%

You're averaging about 55, depending on what you get in your final module. Assuming that's the case, you'll only need about 62 in third year to get 60+ overall.
Reply 6
Appreciate it
Thankyou

Original post by ageshallnot
You're averaging about 55, depending on what you get in your final module. Assuming that's the case, you'll only need about 62 in third year to get 60+ overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending