The Student Room Group

Data science (PS, supercurriculars,advice)

I’m planning to do a degree in Data science, so I’ve got to do some supercurriulars on it. Thing is, I don’t know where to start/what to look for

Some recommendations on projects/reading I can do?

Also, for anyone who’s currently doing/has done data science degree, what supercurriculars did you include in your PS?
+ any further advice for data science PS?
Reply 1
Original post by loc9001
I’m planning to do a degree in Data science, so I’ve got to do some supercurriulars on it. Thing is, I don’t know where to start/what to look for

Some recommendations on projects/reading I can do?

Also, for anyone who’s currently doing/has done data science degree, what supercurriculars did you include in your PS?
+ any further advice for data science PS?

firstly, i am by no means an expert. but there are online courses you can do on websites such as edX, the forage or coursera. make sure to look out for what level they are aimed at, as some only really cover quite rudimentary concepts. with more advanced courses you may be able to conduct data mining, and learn/use tools like Python R, SQL etc. courses on forage are offered through large and reputable firms, so you could use this to refer to your understanding of data science as well as industry knowledge in your PS.

i hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by pinkwrld5
firstly, i am by no means an expert. but there are online courses you can do on websites such as edX, the forage or coursera. make sure to look out for what level they are aimed at, as some only really cover quite rudimentary concepts. with more advanced courses you may be able to conduct data mining, and learn/use tools like Python R, SQL etc. courses on forage are offered through large and reputable firms, so you could use this to refer to your understanding of data science as well as industry knowledge in your PS.

i hope this helps!

No worries, thank you so much the recommendations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending