The Student Room Group

How do you do a bit of side hustling at university?

I am just looking for any advice on making a bit of money on the side at university. I love taking photographs of everything and I thought I could maybe make a bit of money on the side by selling my photos. But I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any advice?
There are many website which allow to sell photograph like pexel or many more.Or you can do event mangement wedding photograpy making a blog site.
There are several websites where you can sell your photographs online. Here are a few popular options:

1.Shutterstock (www.shutterstock.com): Shutterstock is one of the largest online marketplaces for selling stock photos. You can apply to become a contributor and upload your photos for sale.

2.Adobe Stock (stock.adobe.com): Adobe Stock is another prominent platform where you can sell your photos. It integrates with Adobe Creative Cloud, making it convenient for photographers already using Adobe software.

3.Getty Images (www.gettyimages.com): Getty Images is a well-known stock photography agency. You can apply to become a contributor and submit your photos for consideration.

4.Alamy (www.alamy.com): Alamy is a stock photography website that offers a higher royalty rate compared to some other platforms. They accept a wide range of images and have a large customer base.

5.Etsy (www.etsy.com): While Etsy is primarily known for handmade and vintage items, it also has a thriving photography category. You can set up your own online store and sell your prints or digital downloads directly to customers.

6.SmugMug (www.smugmug.com): SmugMug is a popular platform for photographers to showcase and sell their work. You can create a customizable portfolio website and sell prints, digital downloads, or even offer client proofing services.

7.500px (www.500px.com): 500px is a photography community and marketplace where you can sell your photos. They offer different licensing options and have a strong community of photographers.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you very much, I'll have a look at these :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I am just looking for any advice on making a bit of money on the side at university. I love taking photographs of everything and I thought I could maybe make a bit of money on the side by selling my photos. But I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any advice?

Hey there!

Are you considering part time work at all? I don't know too much about side hustles you reference, but I know that for me personally ,being a student ambassador has been a really flexible job to pick up some money on the side. I choose what shifts to apply for, and even being an ambassador on here counts as a shift! There are so many part time job opportunities at uni, such as cafes, bars and shops, and a lot are very understanding of you being a student and being flexible!

On the more side hustle note, I so know a friend who sold her A-level and Degree notes and got a fair amount for it!

Hope that helps in some way,
Kat

Hi there,

It's great to start thinking of a side hustle, you can earn money as and when you choose.

Have you considered doing photography for your university, nightclubs, or even start advertising yourself on social media as a freelancer? This way you could work by taking photos of things you love - as long as you are passionate (which it sounds like you are) you will enjoy it :smile:

I hope this helps.
T

Have you registered on Fiverr?
You can set up a profile and people can essentially hire you for assignments. What about being a nightclub photographer for uni events?
I also agree with the above and rate being a student ambassador, you can pick the hours to suit your schedule and it's fun and sociable. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending