The Student Room Group

Deposit for private accommodation

Hiya. I’m going into private student accommodation and I do know that I have to pay a deposit in January, but my current job doesn’t pay me well and I only have around £200 in the bank and they’re asking for £500. Is there any way I could get more money without asking my parents or could I discuss anything with the landlord?
I'd see what help you can get from student finance and/or your university?
Reply 2
Discuss it with the landlord!
Original post by catsaresocool
Hiya. I’m going into private student accommodation and I do know that I have to pay a deposit in January, but my current job doesn’t pay me well and I only have around £200 in the bank and they’re asking for £500. Is there any way I could get more money without asking my parents or could I discuss anything with the landlord?

Umm, you can consider side hustles like online gigs or freelancing. You can also find someone to share the place with or get something more cheaper. In the end you can always express your strong interest in the place to your landloard. Offer a smaller deposit upfront and propose a payment plan for the rest.
Original post by undefined

Hiya

I would say this is worth discussing with your university as many of them have something called a Student Support Fund which can help students with living costs.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending