The Student Room Group

I’ve applied for a job from a store i’ve shoplifted from

I was honestly really broke at the time and decided to take a few items, altogether i probably stole £15 worth of stuff over time. I never got caught. More than half the time I paid for every item. I’ve now got a job interview for the same company, but a completely different store that I have not shoplifted from. These stores are almost 3 hours away from each-other. Is there any chance that I will get caught for what I did a few months ago because it is the same company? I’m a massive overthinker, I just need some reassurance/truth?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by cora980
I was honestly really broke at the time and decided to take a few items, altogether i probably stole £15 worth of stuff over time. I never got caught. More than half the time I paid for every item. I’ve now got a job interview for the same company, but a completely different store that I have not shoplifted from. These stores are almost 3 hours away from each-other. Is there any chance that I will get caught for what I did a few months ago because it is the same company? I’m a massive overthinker, I just need some reassurance/truth?

Well wow!! More than half the time you paid for items!! If it wasn’t food or feminine hygiene and you weren’t destitute then this isn’t something that I’d be proud of telling anyone !
But as it’s not the issue here, the answer is « it all depends ». Some stores have a nationwide data base of any people they’ve noticed shop lifting, others keep it local. You’ll just have to wait and see
Reply 2
Original post by Euapp
Well wow!! More than half the time you paid for items!! If it wasn’t food or feminine hygiene and you weren’t destitute then this isn’t something that I’d be proud of telling anyone !
But as it’s not the issue here, the answer is « it all depends ». Some stores have a nationwide data base of any people they’ve noticed shop lifting, others keep it local. You’ll just have to wait and see

I’m not proud of it, I just mentioned it for the sake of the post.
Reply 3
Original post by cora980
I’m not proud of it, I just mentioned it for the sake of the post.

If they’re interviewing you and you’ve provided a CV with photo you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
PS Sorry for being a grouch, but every other thread on TSR is « oh dear I got caught shoplifting » which has nothing to do with you and maybe your particular circumstances. It just seems to be something that is becoming « acceptable » to many people.
Reply 4
Original post by Euapp
If they’re interviewing you and you’ve provided a CV with photo you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
PS Sorry for being a grouch, but every other thread on TSR is « oh dear I got caught shoplifting » which has nothing to do with you and maybe your particular circumstances. It just seems to be something that is becoming « acceptable » to many people.

No, you’re all good. I haven’t provided a pic with my CV, but i’ll just hope everything turns out good.Thanks !
Reply 5
Original post by cora980
No, you’re all good. I haven’t provided a pic with my CV, but i’ll just hope everything turns out good.Thanks !

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest