The Student Room Group

has anyone done a semester abroad in la reunion?

how was your experience? do you have any tips you wish you had known before you went? thank you
Original post by Anonymous
how was your experience? do you have any tips you wish you had known before you went? thank you

Hi!

I did a semester abroad in La Réunion during my undergraduate degree. I really enjoyed it! I think it gave me a very different experience than I would have had if I had gone to France. I did go during Covid, so that aspect of things was a little complicated, but something else that was complicated was the visa - it took quite a long time for them to process my visa and return my passport, so it's good to be organised if you will need a visa.

I would advise you to choose your modules carefully - I took what I thought would be interesting, and they were, but I was quite stressed towards the end of the year when I had to sit a lot of exams in subjects that were quite difficult! At the university you can also take options such as Zumba, or diving, that you also get credits for, so definitely consider that!

Otherwise, a lot of things you'll learn while you're out there, like getting a fan for your room and wearing lots of suncream!

It was an incredible experience, but you have to be prepared for the fact that you'll be very far from home - but that's not a reason not to go!

Maya

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending