The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail an erasmus year?

I have to make up 30 credits each semester. I passed everything last semester, but this semester the German courses have got more difficult and it’s too hard, I’m pretty sure I’m going to fail the German exams, so that means I’ll fail the semester overall because I won’t make 30 credits

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do I have to pay back the Erasmus grant?

Do I fail the study year abroad?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Erm nothing I guess, because you are coming back here to do your compulsory modules. The Erasmus year is an extra year. Never heard of anyone who failed it tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by Cazzum
I have to make up 30 credits each semester. I passed everything last semester, but this semester the German courses have got more difficult and it’s too hard, I’m pretty sure I’m going to fail the German exams, so that means I’ll fail the semester overall because I won’t make 30 credits

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do I have to pay back the Erasmus grant?

Do I fail the study year abroad?

Hi, What happens to you? I am in a very similar situation :frown: and also i missed one exam cause nobody told me the exam dates even though i asked uni's staffs :frown: please help me, i am in pain.
Original post by Merve4567
Hi, What happens to you? I am in a very similar situation :frown: and also i missed one exam cause nobody told me the exam dates even though i asked uni's staffs :frown: please help me, i am in pain.

hello Merve :smile:

did they set a new date for you to take the exam?
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulworld
hello Merve :smile:

did they set a new date for you to take the exam?

Hi, in TH Köln, i don't think they set a new exam for me. I just fail :frown: Everthing is going really bad with my life. I don't want to live anymore. Literally, i'm thinking about suicide. If they ask for my grant back, i will need to give them 2k euros.
Hi, in TH Köln, i don't think they set a new exam for me. I just fail :frown: Everthing is going really bad with my life. I don't want to live anymore. Literally, i'm thinking about suicide. If they ask for my grant back, i will need to give them 2k euros.

could you ask someone at TH Köln if you can take the exam? :smile: i hope there will be a compassionate administrator
Reply 6
could you ask someone at TH Köln if you can take the exam? :smile: i hope there will be a compassionate administrator

They don't help at all. Before the exam date, i asked to 1 staff who are responsible of exams and he didn't even replied me. And the exam date was not written at any page of uni. :frown:
They don't help at all. Before the exam date, i asked to 1 staff who are responsible of exams and he didn't even replied me. And the exam date was not written at any page of uni. :frown:

you deserve a better school
Reply 8
you deserve a better school

Yes true, but it is too late.
By the way, since i created my account today, it does not allow me to send you private message.
Yes true, but it is too late.
By the way, since i created my account today, it does not allow me to send you private message.

ah, thank you for informing me :')

i sent a private message so i don't double post here

are you able to pass the study year abroad if you miss that one exam?
Reply 10
ah, thank you for informing me :')

i sent a private message so i don't double post here

are you able to pass the study year abroad if you miss that one exam?

I don't know either. If i had a medical report, i think i would be able to retake the exam at least. But i am not sure :frown:
I don't know either. If i had a medical report, i think i would be able to retake the exam at least. But i am not sure :frown:

did the teacher tell you something about taking the exam at a new date?
Reply 12
did the teacher tell you something about taking the exam at a new date?

No, cause i have just find out. Because they release the exam points and i find out that way
No, cause i have just find out. Because they release the exam points and i find out that way

hm... i would ask the other students how they learned the exam date
Reply 14
hm... i would ask the other students how they learned the exam date

I am studying at eng. faculty and this lecture was belong to economy and law faculty, so that they have must be able to reach the exam content, but not me.
I am studying at eng. faculty and this lecture was belong to economy and law faculty, so that they have must be able to reach the exam content, but not me.

hello Merve

did anything new happen since we talked?
Reply 16
hello Merve

did anything new happen since we talked?

Hi, thank you so much for asking. I talked with one of my friend and he told me that i can take make up exam at September. The problem is that my visa expires at 31st of August. So, i will need to extend it. So i will apply for it. What do you think about Visa extension in Germany? Do you think they will find my excuse reasonable?
(edited 9 months ago)
Hi, thank you so much for asking. I talked with one of my friend and he told me that i can take make up exam at September. The problem is that my visa expires at 31st of August. So, i will need to extend it. So i will apply for it. What do you think about Visa extension in Germany? Do you think they will find my excuse reasonable?

did your teacher at the university say that you can take the exam?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 18
did a teacher at your university say that you can take the exam in September? i would need their confirmation before i ask for a visa extension. i also hope there is no cost for a visa extension.

Since it was weekend, there was noone to reply my questions. But today i am going to call Studium büro. And also i will go Turkish consolate in order to get some information on visa extension. For some urgent and needed situation they may not ask for visa fee, but i am not sure if it will be acceptable for my situation. I will make sure that too.
Reply 19
did your university teacher say that you can take the exam?

No, i will ask her today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending