The Student Room Group

friends before uni?

How should someone make new friends in the summer before uni :frown:
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by oradion
How should someone make new friends in the summer uni :frown:

Hey @oradion :biggrin:

That's a great question as some students often come in during the end of the main academic year such as those a part of the February intakes or sometimes just spend their summer within university grounds for certain reasons. As someone, who has stayed within relative proximity to the university I had to deal with this issue for the majority of my university life, and the biggest solution I found was turning to my student union for events and interests.

The university is well informed that certain students will be staying on their campus even after their academic year and as such they often have certain events and interests planned for the summer to keep the students entertained. Your biggest source of these events will be your student union, which often plans summer-themed events throughout the months of June until August to keep students within the campus involved in their community and gives them an opportunity to do something apart from staying indoors or working part-time jobs.

Hopefully, this helps!!

Derrick
do the incoming students to your university plan to meet together before the course begins? :smile:
maybe there is a Facebook page for your year group

Quick Reply

Latest