The Student Room Group

Can I apply for 2024 entry

Hi
I am going to university in September 2023 entry however I want to apply for university for 2024 entry to just yknow see if I can get into another course in case I don’t like mine or whatever. Just wondering is it possible to apply to 2024 entry whilst having my 2023 not revoked
Reply 1
Original post by StonePone
Hi
I am going to university in September 2023 entry however I want to apply for university for 2024 entry to just yknow see if I can get into another course in case I don’t like mine or whatever. Just wondering is it possible to apply to 2024 entry whilst having my 2023 not revoked

yes. basically just like transferring, but you have to state that on your ucas im pretty sure
Reply 2
Original post by finnianF
yes. basically just like transferring, but you have to state that on your ucas im pretty sure

I mean like I still want to go university in 2023 this September but I want to begin a application for 5 more places in 2024 entry
Reply 3
o

I mean like I still want to go university in 2023 this September but I want to begin a application for 5 more places in 2024 entry

dont see why not, though you will need to inform them youre at a uni i think. shouldnt be a problem though tbh

Have a read of the first post of the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum

It’s not a great idea to start a course knowing that you don’t intend to finish it.
What course are you planning to start and what do you want to apply to restart?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Have a read of the first post of the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum

It’s not a great idea to start a course knowing that you don’t intend to finish it.
What course are you planning to start and what do you want to apply to restart?

I am going to start my course in sep 2023 and I intend on finishing it but there’s a few competitive courses I want to apply to and I just want to see if I can get in. So I was wondering if I could apply for 2024 entry for those other courses now to see if I can get an offer without having to remove my current application
I am going to start my course in sep 2023 and I intend on finishing it but there’s a few competitive courses I want to apply to and I just want to see if I can get in. So I was wondering if I could apply for 2024 entry for those other courses now to see if I can get an offer without having to remove my current application

Some courses/universities explicitly refuse to consider applications from applicants who are currently studying at another university so it’s important to do your research. Particularly if you’re applying to courses/universities with the October deadline it will be almost impossible to get a reference from your current university (and will look like you’re a time waster - applying for a different course within a few weeks of starting your current degree)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending