The Student Room Group

How to cope with a post exams anxiety ?

I have been giving my re-exams 3 times now and recently after giving my exams I realized I didn't do well it's below 40% I'm so out of control. And it's getting harder to cope every day. It's the final year of my uni and I'm still stuck on it. It's always the worst-case scenario that strikes me. I'm so fed up with this. What to do? How to cope with the scenario? When I share with my friends they are saying I'm just kidding and I'll get through it, which again hurts a lot. I feel like my years and time are all wasted because of this one particular exam 😭
Reply 1
I completely understand because a similar thing happened to me. I took a re-exam on a subject and I knew that I did not perform well and the marks from that exam was to be included in overall evaluation.
However, it is important to note that one exam is not going to determine your life. It might seem like that right now, but it's not the end of the world.
With that said, it is completely okay if you are feeling anxious, sad or frustrated and it is difficult to go through it.
I came across this method of coping. Try it and see if it helps.
It is to think about the worst case scenario and see if it really will have such a big impact on your life. Ask yourself the question, "What's the worst that will happen?" and then ask yourself, "Is it really going to be the end of the world?", "Is it really as bad as I think it is?"
Assess if the the problem is worth the anxiety, know that it's okay even if you fail and that you are not alone.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest