The Student Room Group

is this normal???

this is going to be hard to describe so apologies if this makes no sense. this might be 100% normal idk ive never asked anyone before.

so i always feel a need to put pressure on my fingertips/touch a certain part of something. for example, i might put something on the table, walk away and then walk back because i feel a need to press my other finger on a particular spot on the table.

i do other similar things eg i will often just have an urge to go to my homescreen on my phone so i'll be playing a game and every couple of minutes i go back to the homescrene and open the game up again because i feel like i need to press on the bottom of the screen.

i also get it a lot when typing on a keyboard. while typing this post i have had to press certain fingers against the touchpad or ive felt like i have to press the spacebar repeatedly, and done these things about ten times while typing this.

is this normal?? and if its not then why do i do it? its not a problem i just want to know
idk if this is normal but i’ve felt like this too I never really told anyone about it tho so i’m not sure if this even helps u but
Honestly it sounds to me like you may have somewhat of mild OCD symptoms? I get this sometimes too it may just be natural in everyone who knows?

Original post by mymelo
this is going to be hard to describe so apologies if this makes no sense. this might be 100% normal idk ive never asked anyone before.

so i always feel a need to put pressure on my fingertips/touch a certain part of something. for example, i might put something on the table, walk away and then walk back because i feel a need to press my other finger on a particular spot on the table.

i do other similar things eg i will often just have an urge to go to my homescreen on my phone so i'll be playing a game and every couple of minutes i go back to the homescrene and open the game up again because i feel like i need to press on the bottom of the screen.

i also get it a lot when typing on a keyboard. while typing this post i have had to press certain fingers against the touchpad or ive felt like i have to press the spacebar repeatedly, and done these things about ten times while typing this.

is this normal?? and if its not then why do i do it? its not a problem i just want to know
Reply 3
Original post by unknown_1219
Honestly it sounds to me like you may have somewhat of mild OCD symptoms? I get this sometimes too it may just be natural in everyone who knows?

hearing that you and the other person who replied makes it feel better i always felt a bit awkward when people see me do these things but its good im not the only one!

Quick Reply

Latest