The Student Room Group

Car broke down before driving test.

I was supposed to have my driving test on Monday but on Thursday night the car I use broke down.

We have checked and I can't get it fixed until the end of July and I don't have access to any other car.

I thought about maybe just hoping the car might be working on the test date since it's a software problem rather than a physical issue, but the thought of being half way through a test and it brakes down again is possibly worse than the current situation.

Either way, there is no other car I could use but this one.

I've had to forfeit the booking slot and the next available time is October. So I'd have to come back home from university to take the test which is doable but still a load of stress I was planning on avoiding by doing it not.
Obviously I'll be looking for cancellations but I don't know how lucky I'll be.

Also, the DVLA only refunds you 3 ~working~ days before the test which means £62 is down the drain and I didn't even get to attempt the test, and it wasn't even my fault.

I just really needed a place to rant about this. I've been building up to this test for two years (I've had stop/start lessons because of personal reasons) and I was really getting myself psyched for this test. Then in one drive back from Tesco it's now all gone. I wasn't too optimistic about passing, my instructor said I was ready but I tend to be pessimistic. But this summer had been framed in my mind as 'driving test summer' since the start of the year. Sure I was really stressed but I had been prepping for it. Everything was lined up and now it's all called off.

I'm probably making a bigger deal of it than it actually is. But I'm the type of person that doesn't like it when plans are changed. I get miffed when meeting times are rescheduled, now 7 months of planning (+2 years of on/off lessons) are having to be completely changed by something that is out of my control.

So yeah. That's me.

Apologies for the above - it's been a wild few days.
i would feel pain ):
i don't know what to say ):

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending