The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK Medicine non-jupas 2024

Scroll to see replies

I think they just waitlist everyone just like last year
I wonder is there any local IB/ A-Level high schoolers who attended the interview in December but haven’t received CO?
Yea I think it might be an automatic process of wait-listing everyone, regardless of if they've had interview or not. Can any international students / degree holders also confirm your status? @Chrishelp do you have any information?
Original post by Anonymous #47
I wonder is there any local IB/ A-Level high schoolers who attended the interview in December but haven’t received CO?

🙋*♂️ now in waitlist
Original post by Anonymous #10
🙋*♂️ now in waitlist
Are you IB or A-Level?
Original post by Anonymous #59
Yea I think it might be an automatic process of wait-listing everyone, regardless of if they've had interview or not. Can any international students / degree holders also confirm your status? @Chrishelp do you have any information?

Hey, I'm an intl student with an interview on March 28th and my application status has also been changed to waitlist
Original post by Anonymous #17
Any international student got interview invitations? What are the chances of international students getting admitted?

i got one for 28th March. I think there are 10 spots (maximum) for international students. Very competitive
Original post by Anonymous #66
i got one for 28th March. I think there are 10 spots (maximum) for international students. Very competitive

Are you from mainland?
Original post by chonkeea26
Hey, I'm an intl student with an interview on March 28th and my application status has also been changed to waitlist

Are u from mainland bro?
Original post by Anonymous #17

Are u from mainland bro?

from india but i live in mainland
Original post by kw1128
Same here - haven't had an interview but also waitlisted

what programme did you apply? for me i got waitlised from biomed :<
Reply 651
Original post by blue-eyed-sorghu
what programme did you apply? for me i got waitlised from biomed :<

Waitlisted for MBBS and got conditional offer for soc sci
Goodluck to everyone who has an interview later
For those who ****ed up the interview
Don’t lose hope they weight your grades much higher than you interview performance
Yo any Malaysian who's interviewed today?
Does anyone know when they will release the offers for those who did the interview on March 28th?
Original post by Anonymous #61
I saw a post a year ago or so where a Canadian diploma guy got his offer for mid 90s final grades with a few AP courses so I'm hoping I can get a conditional with a high predicted with high 90s and get a conditional for 90% which wouldn't be too hard for me.

Kinda late reply haha but just saw this and thought maybe I can share my experience too :smile: I'm a Canadian diploma applicant this year - my grade 12 average is also around 96 (I did put in my grades for both grade 11 and 12 though) and I have 6 AP courses over the two years. I got my interview in December but didn't get any offers during the first round, and now I'm just waitlisted (which seems to be the case for the majority of applicants too...) so yeah I'm not sure about whether they will give out conditional offers to us, or we have to wait until final grades are published. Good luck with your application next year though!
Original post by iridescence1619
Kinda late reply haha but just saw this and thought maybe I can share my experience too :smile: I'm a Canadian diploma applicant this year - my grade 12 average is also around 96 (I did put in my grades for both grade 11 and 12 though) and I have 6 AP courses over the two years. I got my interview in December but didn't get any offers during the first round, and now I'm just waitlisted (which seems to be the case for the majority of applicants too...) so yeah I'm not sure about whether they will give out conditional offers to us, or we have to wait until final grades are published. Good luck with your application next year though!

Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear good news soon! Did you answer the Chinese question in Cantonese? I think that plays an important role
Original post by anonymouse#21
Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear good news soon! Did you answer the Chinese question in Cantonese? I think that plays an important role

Ahhh thanks, that’s very kind of you! Yes I did answer that in Cantonese... I was quite nervous so my answer wasn't that good though haha
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Anonymous #59

Anyone got offer after turning to waitlisted last year? If there is such case, is that offer will only be given out after final exam results are released?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending