The Student Room Group

Manchester vs Loughborough for Chemistry

Hi, I have just graduated from Chemistry at the University of Liverpool and currently applying for MSc courses. I have got offers from uni of Manchester and Loughborough but am not sure which to choose. Manchester is much higher on world rankings, while Loughborough is higher in the UK for chemistry. I prefer modules in Loughborough a little bit but still not sure what I prefer. Any advice is appreciated :smile:
Original post by AlinkaD
Hi, I have just graduated from Chemistry at the University of Liverpool and currently applying for MSc courses. I have got offers from uni of Manchester and Loughborough but am not sure which to choose. Manchester is much higher on world rankings, while Loughborough is higher in the UK for chemistry. I prefer modules in Loughborough a little bit but still not sure what I prefer. Any advice is appreciated :smile:

Hi @AlinkaD,

Congratulations on your offers :smile:

I think there are a few things you could consider here to help you with your decision.

First, I can see that you've looked at each course and their module details. I would go over these again and take into account which modules you prefer and think about how they will help you with your future. Furthermore, I would look into chemistry at each university and explore the facilities that are on offer.

I would also consider the location of both universities as they are in very separate parts of the UK. Loughborough is a market town in the heart of the UK, whereas Manchester is a city and is in the northwest of England. Loughborough's campus is also a 523 acre single-site campus with plenty of facilities for students, so it may be worth looking at each of the campuses too.

It may also be worth thinking about whether you want to join any societies or take part in any sports whilst you're at university and seeing what each of these universities offers.

At the end of the day, my advice is to choose a university where you see yourself being most happy at.

You can always email [email protected] if you have any further questions about the course at Loughborough :smile:

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask us any further questions too.

- Lindsay
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending