The Student Room Group

Criminology choice - seek advise

Dears,
I'm an international student and looking for 2024 Sept entry in Criminology (prefer in social science basis more). My predicted grade is ABB.

Here is my choice :
1)Bistrol - BSc - M900 - AAB
2)Loughborough - BSc - M901 - ABB
3)Lancaster BA - M930 ABB
4) Nottingham BA - L316 - ABB
Considering :
5a)Exeter BSc - M900 - AAB
5b)Bath BSc - U150 - AAB
5c)Manchester BA AAB

Or I need to select an insurance choice of BBB - Surrey. But probably will not take Surrey as final decision

Pls comment
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by yoki1108
Dears,
I'm an international student and looking for 2024 Sept entry in Criminology (prefer in social science basis more). My predicted grade is ABB.

Here is my choice :
Considering :
5b)Bath BSc - U150 - AAB
5c)Manchester BA AAB

Or I need to select an insurance choice of BBB - Surrey. But probably will not take Surrey as final decision

Pls comment

You shouldnt apply anywhere you wouldnt go to. I suspect Lancaster and Loughborough would accept you with a dropped grade. I suggest going for one of your 5th choices. If all goes wrong on results day you would still be able to use clearing,
Excellent selection, all are great unis. Consider if you want a campus experience (Loughborough, Nottingham and Lancaster) or a uni that is more integrated into the city (Bristol, Manchester)
Dears,

Here is my choice :
Considering :
5b)Bath BSc - U150 - AAB
5c)Manchester BA AAB

Pls comment

aberystwyth has BBB-CCC
Dears,

Here is my choice :
Considering :
5b)Bath BSc - U150 - AAB
5c)Manchester BA AAB

Pls comment

Hi there,

It's great that you're considering Lancaster as one of your options. I am a law student and at Lancaster, the law and criminology departments are closely linked. I would recommend researching the universities aside from their grade requirements and also consider things like ranking, accommodation, campus vs city university etc.

Lancaster University is a campus university and that means that the university is based in one large enclosed place. Inside the campus, you would find colleges, which double as the accommodation space for students, the department buildings dotted around campus and also lots of different restaurants. The campus is very beautiful and incorporates a lot of green landscaping and architecture into it and I believe that greatly impacts the atmosphere and makes it a lot more comforting than just having buildings around.

I would also recommend having a chat with current criminology students to get a feel of what the course is like, what modules they like and the opportunities you may have studying at Lancaster.

I have included a link to the Ask A Student page, where you can find someone studying the same subject as you and talk with them.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/

Good luck with your applications and best wishes,

Lancaster University Student Ambassador,
Glory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending