The Student Room Group

Hate is too mild of a Word for the NHS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hotpud
A huge proportion of those in hospital have really complex needs.

A huge proportion of those in hospital with really complex needs don't need to be in hospital - they are they waiting for a nursing home or a care package... If the care sector functioned how it shoukd, the NHS would have far fewer problems...
Reply 41
Original post by Dorothea10
At least when you go to emergency with a fractured leg in Germany they will X-ray it; not just write physiotherapy interventions, and then proceed to cripple you like they did under the NHS- I'm waiting for the day the GMC will strip those UK consultants responsible.

How far along has the case got?
Reply 42
Original post by Quady
How far along has the case got?

Positive legal liability against the Belfast NHS Trust plus I'm getting lower limb reconstructive surgery in Germany, whose bill the NHS will have to pay
Reply 43
Original post by black tea
A huge proportion of those in hospital with really complex needs don't need to be in hospital - they are they waiting for a nursing home or a care package... If the care sector functioned how it shoukd, the NHS would have far fewer problems...

Totally agree.
Original post by Dorothea10
The NHS consultants that I came across are the most dishonest people I’ve ever met. They cause harm and suffering and I will not address them as Dr, since they can’t even keep their Hippocratic oath to their patients. It was a huge mistake to register with the NHS, and when you ask to be removed , they create more obstacles and lies. Asking to be removed from a practice is called deduction, however you are still in their system, total removal is through the PSCE online portal and can only be done by GP practice administration staff, who obstruct you and pretend as if they don’t know how to action a removal. Ask for a letter of removal confirmation. Then don’t EVER register for the NHS again. One can’t live in the U.K. if one needs a functional health care system.

There are words here , however i cannot parse them to make sense.
If you don't want to use the NHS i suggest you leave the UK as there are some services which can only be provided by the NHS.
Original post by Muttly
I thought consultants were not addressed as Mr not Doctor?

Most consultants are worth their weight in gold (but they are human so I guess several in a % don't deserve the space they occupy as in all professions) but the system under which they operate is outdated, inefficient and woefully short of state of the art diagnostic and surgical equipment.

Clearly you are venting off but your option here is not to get sick or just get health insurance and pay privately?

A surgeon who has passed their Higher Speciality exams is referred to as Mr or Miss ( occasionally Mrs if they married early in their carrer or before graduatation) in the UK, this is a historical quirk.

In what way is the NHS 'outdated' ?

in what way is it inefficient ? or do you believe open access to secondary care for primary care care is somehow desirably ? there are certain inefficiencies which relate to power politics ( e.g stopping secondary care to secondary care referrals as was the habit at one point)
as for youu assertions aobut 'woefully short of equipment' are you again working fro mthe assumption that unselected open access to investigations is somehow desirable vs using the indicated modalities ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending