The Student Room Group

Opinions on this laptop for university?

Need opinions on this laptop for university. Will be using it every day and most likely will be bringing it with me along to uni lectures.

Dynabook Tecra A40-K-18S 14-inch (2022) - Core i5-1235U - 8GB - SSD 256 GB QWERTY - English (UK)
Refurbished for £400. 12 month warranty.
(edited 9 months ago)
In terms of specs it's absolutely fine (unless you're doing video editing or something). I suggest trying to find something cheaper though as I personally think that's quite expensive. Curry's have an eBay shop where everything is super super cheap so definitely worth checking out. If you need anymore help, let me know :smile:
Original post by Hycia2000

Need opinions on this laptop for university. Will be using it every day and most likely will be bringing it with me along to uni lectures.

Dynabook Tecra A40-K-18S 14-inch (2022) - Core i5-1235U - 8GB - SSD 256 GB QWERTY - English (UK)
Refurbished for £400. 12 month warranty.

Depends what you’re going to be doing on it. My brother told me i5 can be slow (they had those at his uni in 2019/2020). If u can go for an i7 it may be better but it depends on what you’re doing. If u need ur laptop a lot of recommend getting i7 but i5 will most likely do. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Depends what you’re going to be doing on it. My brother told me i5 can be slow (they had those at his uni in 2019/2020). If u can go for an i7 it may be better but it depends on what you’re doing. If u need ur laptop a lot of recommend getting i7 but i5 will most likely do. Hope that helps :smile:

I'll be using it for my coursework and research mainly so just google and office documents. i5 will be fine for that?
I'll be using it for my coursework and research mainly so just google and office documents. i5 will be fine for that?

definitely more than enough - laptop is more than enough for those tasks
Reply 5
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
definitely more than enough - laptop is more than enough for those tasks

I’ll probably just be buying a new laptop instead of buying a refurbished one since £400 is a lot on a refurbished item. Got any suggestions?
I’ll probably just be buying a new laptop instead of buying a refurbished one since £400 is a lot on a refurbished item. Got any suggestions?

£400 on new laptop won't get you anywhere.

For the same specs but new you can get this one instead.
https://www.currys.co.uk/products/lenovo-ideapad-3i-15.6-laptop-intel-core-i5-256-gb-ssd-blue-10240677.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending