The Student Room Group

What is the best laptop to get for UNI?

I'll be starting UNI this Sept and I don't really know what laptop to get. BTW the highest I can go in terms of a laptop would be around £800 - £900 but obvs it would be better to find something cheaper but of still great quality.
Original post by Nice_100
I'll be starting UNI this Sept and I don't really know what laptop to get. BTW the highest I can go in terms of a laptop would be around £800 - £900 but obvs it would be better to find something cheaper but of still great quality.

Anything that runs Microsoft office, a laptop half of that price will do. Do not succumb to pressure from youngsters who have zero idea about technology and tell you to buy an Apple product.
Reply 2
Yeah if you just need to do uni work, get a cheaper laptop. If you're dead set on spending that much, get an m2 macbook air with unidays discount, its a great value. With the 10% discount and 130 off rn, it fits the price range.
When choosing a university laptop, prioritize budget, portability, and performance. Consider MacBook Air for reliability or Dell, Asus or ThinkPad for performance. Match your choice to your major and preferences.
Check out post #2 from this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7400509

Anyone spending more than £150 on a Windows (or Linux) laptop for personal use or supporting their studies is being ripped-off. Because fully working Dell premium business laptops (models 7390, 7300. 7490, 7400) are sooooooo good and so affordable from ebay.

The "warranty" is in the price. If you're extremely unlucky and the laptop goes kaput in the next year or three, you simply buy another used premium business laptop for under £150.

Feel free to let me know about any particular laptop deals you're looking at and I'll tell you if it's worth pulling the trigger on or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending