The Student Room Group

Maintance loan only?

Hi, I'm getting my Masters course funded by my University so I wouldn't need Student Finance to pay my tuition fees but I would like to have the maintance loan to help with living costs while I study, Is this possible?

context : This is my first masters course, I have just graduated from 3 years at University doing an undergraduate degree and I have filled out a masters application with Student Finance just not submitted it as there was no option to have tuition fees paid or not.

Thank you in advance for any help
Original post by CWild99
Hi, I'm getting my Masters course funded by my University so I wouldn't need Student Finance to pay my tuition fees but I would like to have the maintance loan to help with living costs while I study, Is this possible?

context : This is my first masters course, I have just graduated from 3 years at University doing an undergraduate degree and I have filled out a masters application with Student Finance just not submitted it as there was no option to have tuition fees paid or not.

Thank you in advance for any help

Hi there,

We don't provide a Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loans for masters courses, only the Postgraduate Loan that is paid directly to you to use however you wish throughout your studies. You can apply for this even if you do not require finance for Tuition Fee purposes. I have provided a link where you can check the other eligibility and what you will be entitled to as well as how to apply.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

We don't provide a Maintenance Loan or Tuition Fee Loans for masters courses, only the Postgraduate Loan that is paid directly to you to use however you wish throughout your studies. You can apply for this even if you do not require finance for Tuition Fee purposes. I have provided a link where you can check the other eligibility and what you will be entitled to as well as how to apply.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Clare

Hi, this is the same link that i have applied to, so would that mean it is just paid directly to me and nothing goes to the university?
Original post by CWild99
Hi, this is the same link that i have applied to, so would that mean it is just paid directly to me and nothing goes to the university?

Hi there,

Yes, that's right - the loan is paid entirely to yourself: we don't pay anything to the university.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending