The Student Room Group

Worried about funding

Hi all

So I dropped out of my university in the first term making me liable to pay 25% fees I had severe personal circumstances that meant I couldn’t continue. I have now reapplied for next year entry for university and I am just worried sick that I won’t get funding for my new university and new degree.

I have no previous degree at all and I have not received any maintance loans all that I owe is the 2.3k for this term. Will this affect my funding for a new degree?
Reply 1
They will take it out of next years maintenance loan unless you are planning to repay it before you start next year. I am in the same boat as you
Original post by Jameson1732
Hi all

So I dropped out of my university in the first term making me liable to pay 25% fees I had severe personal circumstances that meant I couldn’t continue. I have now reapplied for next year entry for university and I am just worried sick that I won’t get funding for my new university and new degree.

I have no previous degree at all and I have not received any maintance loans all that I owe is the 2.3k for this term. Will this affect my funding for a new degree?
Reply 2
Original post by Dichhya12
They will take it out of next years maintenance loan unless you are planning to repay it before you start next year. I am in the same boat as you

I haven’t taken out a maintance loan. They only took my tuition fee payment which is 2.3k
Reply 3
I haven’t taken out a maintance loan. They only took my tuition fee payment which is 2.3k

You will still get funding, if you only attended first semester and it’s just tuition fee it’ll be fine. I dropped out last year in December of my first degree and I have funding for this year so dont worry!
Hi all

Please ignore post #2

Everyone gets one gift year of funding. You’ve used yours.

If you have evidence of compelling personal reasons for leaving a course then SFE can also grant further gift years
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Please ignore post #2

Everyone gets one gift year of funding. You’ve used yours.

If you have evidence of compelling personal reasons for leaving a course then SFE can also grant further gift years

Yes I also do have compelling reasons as to why thanks a lot for the help.
Yes I also do have compelling reasons as to why thanks a lot for the help.

Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. If you have only done this 1 year, then you should still be entitled to funding for your new course.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending