The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

MPA (Human Resources) vs Msc. Human Resource Management

Hi,
I have been offered a placed in the MPA(Human Resources) Postgraduate Taught Program at University of Birmingham. I actually had also applied for Msc. Human Resource Management. However, I have been communicated that my application is being considered by the school and is currently with the Tutor to make the decision since the admissions team couldn't internally take a decision. I am more inclined towards Msc. HRM instead of MPA Human Resources.

I was looking forward to understand the employability of both the programs independently in UK in the field of Human Resources - Learning and Development. Also, if anyone could help me understand how likely it is to receive an offer for Msc. HRM in my case given the fact that I also already hold an unconditional offer in MPA HR?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
I think the employability would be better with the MSc, as long as it is CIPD accredited. Another thing to consider is that employers will require you to have HR experience as qualifications alone are not enough. The HR job market is very competitve and you need experience on your CV to help you stand out. Check out this video by BeginHR:

University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending