The Student Room Group

Confused between University of Liverpool and LSE offers for MSc Human Resource Mngmt

Hello,

I am a student from India applying for MSc Human Resource Management. There are some interesting, preferred Universities from which I have offers.
1) Lancaster University
2) University of Reading
3) London School of Economics and Political Science
4) University of Liverpool
5) Cardiff University
6) Newcastle University.

I have looked through University rankings and understand LSE is considered a top university, but it is expensive to stay in London and I've heard the University life at LSE is quite stressful and only academic based. How was your student experience at LSE? Earlier I was considering Liverpool as it's a big city but not huge, and I understand University of Liverpool is quite diverse and has an active student body.

Could you please share more on:
a) Which Uni would you suggest for MSc HRM course?
b) Could you please tell me why?

Kindly share your thoughts and perspectives. I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much in advance! <3
Original post by aura2023
Hello,

I am a student from India applying for MSc Human Resource Management. There are some interesting, preferred Universities from which I have offers.
1) Lancaster University
2) University of Reading
5) Cardiff University
6) Newcastle University.

I have looked through University rankings and understand LSE is considered a top university, but it is expensive to stay in London and I've heard the University life at LSE is quite stressful and only academic based. How was your student experience at LSE? Earlier I was considering Liverpool as it's a big city but not huge, and I understand University of Liverpool is quite diverse and has an active student body.

Kindly share your thoughts and perspectives. I'd really appreciate it! Thank you so much in advance! <3

Hi @aura2023,
Great to hear you're considering Reading! Although I am not studying that course, I can tell you a little about it. Henley Business School is a world-renowned business school with a dedicated careers department, 2nd in the UK for its services, and the course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), AACSB and EQUIS, thus providing students a route to CIPD membership. You can find out more about the course here for specifics! The careers department will offer you support for four years after you graduate too, helping you apply and prepare for new jobs which is an invaluable resource. Of course, you're taught by experts in your field through a variety of mediums, meaning you gain innumerable specific and transferable skills, with opportunities for work experience too.

As a current student of the University of Reading, the university is such a supportive and diverse place to learn, and offers so many different opportunities both academic and social, so I'd encourage you to consider your wider student experience too and look at our student societies and activities, accommodation options, and our campus and its facilities

Best of luck with your applications and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you out with!
Kath :smile:
3rd Year History Student
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by UniofReading
Hi @aura2023,
Great to hear you're considering Reading! Although I am not studying that course, I can tell you a little about it. Henley Business School is a world-renowned business school with a dedicated careers department, 2nd in the UK for its services, and the course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), AACSB and EQUIS, thus providing students a route to CIPD membership. You can find out more about the course here for specifics! The careers department will offer you support for four years after you graduate too, helping you apply and prepare for new jobs which is an invaluable resource. Of course, you're taught by experts in your field through a variety of mediums, meaning you gain innumerable specific and transferable skills, with opportunities for work experience too.

As a current student of the University of Reading, the university is such a supportive and diverse place to learn, and offers so many different opportunities both academic and social, so I'd encourage you to consider your wider student experience too and look at our student societies and activities, accommodation options, and our campus and its facilities

Best of luck with your applications and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you out with!
Kath :smile:
3rd Year History Student

Original post by aura2023
Hello,

1) Lancaster University
2) University of Reading
5) Cardiff University
6) Newcastle University.

Hi,

My name is Emmanuel and I'm a 3rd Year Student of History & Politics at Lancaster University. Though I do not study Business Management, I can tell you from the experience of my peers how the course maps out. Business Management is a course that is part of our LUMS (Lancaster University Management School) Faculty. In 1st Year, you can explore the broader foundations of management with modules in management, business analytics, marketing, economics, accounting and finance, and entrepreneurship. This is a common experience in Lancaster, where 2nd and 3rd year focus on more specialization after 1st year grounds your understanding of key concepts and introduces you to the diversity of modules available for your study. If you want more information on the breakdown of the course, please feel free to check this booklet and check the links at the bottom of the PDF:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/media/lancaster-university/content-assets/documents/lums/ug-booklets/BusinessManagement.pdf

In terms of living as a student at the University, I can speak from direct experience. I have lived all three years of my Undergraduate degree on campus. We are one of the few Universities in the UK with a collegiate system so it's a pretty unique experience and a big selling point of the student experience at the Uni. We have multiple types of Accommodation (Townhouses + private and shared bathrooms in flat style) and they form part of a campus-oriented structure. That is to say, we have convenience stores, mail posting systems, accommodation, academic facilities, etc. all in 1 place. The city centre is only 3 and a half miles away and easily accessible by bus, but it just means that there's less movement for students when they are settling in. Having moved north from near London, I can definitely say that living expenses are generally a lot cheaper, so your money goes a lot further, and it's a quite safe, friendly environment. The campus is its own separate set of facilities and students make up a large proportion of the population of Lancaster. Hopefully that gives some more insight into one of your options and if you wanted to ask more questions or for signposting elsewhere, do get in touch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending