The Student Room Group

Best way to fund accommodation costs?

I'm aware of maintenance loans, but I don't know if that will be enough. How else should I fund accommodation costs whilst at uni?
Reply 1
A part-time job perhaps.
Getting a part time job would be your best bet!! You could always check your unis student union for bar jobs there :smile:
Original post by lhmlm
I'm aware of maintenance loans, but I don't know if that will be enough. How else should I fund accommodation costs whilst at uni?

Hey there @lhmlm !
As others have mentioned, your best bet is to get a part-time job. You can always up your hours during the holiday periods. Also, it's worth having a look at your university's website to see if you qualify for any grants and funding. They sometimes have special conditions that means you can get a bit of financial help. Any easy way as well to make a bit of extra cash is to sell things you no longer use on Vinted, Depop and eBay.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Original post by lhmlm

Hi there,
If you can fit part time work around your studies, this would be a great way of earning extra money. I'd recommend looking at what part time roles your university/student union are recruiting for or even checking out seasonal/temporary vacancies. Aside from that, it may be worth checking if you're eligible for any bursaries through your university or like the other posters have said, selling items on sites such as Vinted/Depop etc. to supplement your maintenance loan.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending