The Student Room Group

homeschooling for post 16 for mental health

is there any way i can homeschool post 16 due to mental health? (in the UK)
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
It depends, do u trust urself to actually do the work and not procrastinate, do you think that you have the academic ability to be able to teach urself in the first place
Yes, you can. There's nothing stopping you.
Reply 3
Original post by Ariichu
It depends, do u trust urself to actually do the work and not procrastinate, do you think that you have the academic ability to be able yto teach urself in the first place

yes! i am capable of this, but the school environment is a no. i was just wondering how i could get started, since the uk law is difficult with this
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Yes, you can. There's nothing stopping you.

the uk law says i cannot unless i have registered under 15, or i have disability credit (which i do not) so i need to find a way to bypass the law legally , lmfao
Reply 5
Original post by misou
the uk law says i cannot unless i have registered under 15, or i have disability credit (which i do not) so i need to find a way to bypass the law legally , lmfao

Maybe talking to your school would be a good way forward. If you can get them to vouch for u that you would both be able to carry out ur learning independently, and that it would positively benefit ur mental health, that might work. This is a long stretch but maybe even staying with the school, but asking to have an arrangement where they send u the work and u do it all independently, so that u are technically still in school, but are able to look after ur health
Reply 6
Original post by Ariichu
Maybe talking to your school would be a good way forward. If you can get them to vouch for u that you would both be able to carry out ur learning independently, and that it would positively benefit ur mental health, that might work. This is a long stretch but maybe even staying with the school, but asking to have an arrangement where they send u the work and u do it all independently, so that u are technically still in school, but are able to look after ur health

thats the problem. ive finished my secondary education and im trying to homeschool instead of college. so i have no school to contact… im unsure
Original post by misou
thats the problem. ive finished my secondary education and im trying to homeschool instead of college. so i have no school to contact… im unsure

try your education department for your council. Good luck:smile:
Original post by misou

Not true at all.

Your parents will stop receiving child benefit (and child tax credits, if applicable) that they have previously been claiming for you, but there are no other repercussions.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Not true at all.

Your parents will stop receiving child benefit (and child tax credits, if applicable) that they have previously been claiming for you, but there are no other repercussions.

oh wow, so i can post 16, but benefits stop. is that right? thankyou so much, i was probably being stupid about this!! this helped me understand more, thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest