The Student Room Group

Putting Your Well-being First During Results Week

Let's Chat - Putting Your Well-Being First During Results Week :hugs:

As results week approaches, it's natural to feel a mix of excitement and anxiety. Taking care of your well-being during this crucial period is essential. Here are some of our top tips to help you navigate results week with a positive mindset but also to encourage you to share some of your own tips and tricks for ways in which you are taking care of yourself throughout the next few weeks!

Be Kind to Yourself: Remember that results don't define your worth. Regardless of the outcomes, you are still a capable and valuable individual. Celebrate your efforts and acknowledge that you did your best, there are still plenty of options available to you!

Reach Out: During times of stress or anxiety, it's essential to lean on your support system. Talk to your friends and family about how you're feeling. Sharing your emotions can lighten the load and provide valuable perspective.

Make Time to Do Things That Make You Happy: Prioritising time to do the things that make you feel happy is an excellent way to reduce stress and boost your mood. Whether it's going for a walk, listening to your favourite podcast, or practicing yoga, find an activity that you enjoy and make time for it.

Get Enough Sleep: Staying up late stressing about results is tempting, but getting enough sleep is crucial for your mental well-being. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night to recharge and face the day with a clearer mind.

Plan for Different Outcomes: It's normal to have hopes and expectations, but be prepared for various results. Having a backup plan can alleviate some of the pressure and uncertainty.

Seek Professional Support if Needed: Don't hesitate to seek support if you find yourself overwhelmed or struggling to cope. They can offer guidance and coping strategies to help you through this challenging time.

Remember, your mental well-being is just as important as your academic achievements. Prioritise self-care :bath:and be kind to yourself :h:. You've got this! We would love to hear some of your top tips and how you’re all feeling in the lead-up to Results Week. Good luck to everyone and #BeResultsProud!

Urgent support
Are you feeling desperate or distressed right now?
Need to talk to someone?
Samaritans - open every day throughout the year
Student Minds

Need medical help?
If you need medical advice you can book an emergency GP appointment with your GP surgery.
If you need urgent medical advice call the NHS 111 (England & Wales) or NHS 24(Scotland) - T: 08454 242424
If you need immediate medical help or attention call 999 or visit Accident & Emergency (A&E).

:tsr: invites you to #BeResultsProud this year. Please share this hashtag all over social media. If you wish, tag The Student Room too (find the handles at the bottom of the page). Find out more about this campaign here.
Reply 2
Original post by CamembertPaws

As results week approaches, it's natural to feel a mix of excitement and anxiety. Taking care of your well-being during this crucial period is essential. Here are some of our top tips to help you navigate results week with a positive mindset but also to encourage you to share some of your own tips and tricks for ways in which you are taking care of yourself throughout the next few weeks!

Be Kind to Yourself: Remember that results don't define your worth. Regardless of the outcomes, you are still a capable and valuable individual. Celebrate your efforts and acknowledge that you did your best, there are still plenty of options available to you!

Reach Out: During times of stress or anxiety, it's essential to lean on your support system. Talk to your friends and family about how you're feeling. Sharing your emotions can lighten the load and provide valuable perspective.

Make Time to Do Things That Make You Happy: Prioritising time to do the things that make you feel happy is an excellent way to reduce stress and boost your mood. Whether it's going for a walk, listening to your favourite podcast, or practicing yoga, find an activity that you enjoy and make time for it.

Get Enough Sleep: Staying up late stressing about results is tempting, but getting enough sleep is crucial for your mental well-being. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night to recharge and face the day with a clearer mind.

Plan for Different Outcomes: It's normal to have hopes and expectations, but be prepared for various results. Having a backup plan can alleviate some of the pressure and uncertainty.

Seek Professional Support if Needed: Don't hesitate to seek support if you find yourself overwhelmed or struggling to cope. They can offer guidance and coping strategies to help you through this challenging time.

Remember, your mental well-being is just as important as your academic achievements. Prioritise self-care :bath:and be kind to yourself :h:. You've got this! We would love to hear some of your top tips and how you’re all feeling in the lead-up to Results Week. Good luck to everyone and #BeResultsProud!

Urgent support
Need to talk to someone?
Student Minds

Need medical help?
If you need medical advice you can book an emergency GP appointment with your GP surgery.
If you need urgent medical advice call the NHS 111 (England & Wales) or NHS 24(Scotland) - T: 08454 242424
If you need immediate medical help or attention call 999 or visit Accident & Emergency (A&E).

Thank you so muchhhhhh. I really needed this 😊
Original post by hat25
Thank you so muchhhhhh. I really needed this 😊

I'm really pleased to hear that this has helped! How are you feeling about Results Day :smile:?
Reply 4
I'm really pleased to hear that this has helped! How are you feeling about Results Day :smile:?

I feel excited to see what grades I'll get, but I'm also a bit scared.
Original post by hat25
I feel excited to see what grades I'll get, but I'm also a bit scared.

That's all completely normal and you're not alone in feeling that way! wishing you every bit of luck, make sure you come back to let us know how you got on :hugs:
Reply 6

Urgent support
Need to talk to someone?
Student Minds

Need medical help?

this is so important to see, thank you for posting and shwowing that there is support out there
We've also got a few articles that could help you get ready for results day here are six ways to help those results day nerves and how to handle A-level results day worries. Hopefully they help :smile:

Good luck everyone!
Loving :heart:the hashtags on TSR and all of the wonderful resources available! Definitely #BeResultsProud!

I started my A-Levels again from scratch and the second time around still didn't manage as well as I'd hoped BUT now, 5 years on, I have a Masters degree and I loved every second of my University journey! Anything is possible. You have to put yourself first, believe that you can do it, even if the journey isn't as straightforward as you'd first hoped!:biggrin:

Best wishes to everyone getting results today!:elefant:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 8 months ago)
:yeah: Happy Results Day all :yeah:
Good luck to everyone receiving their results today! You should be so proud of yourself, no matter the results. Your hard work and dedication have brought you this far, your potential is limitless 🚀

Thank you for sharing this fantastic post! #BeResultsProud
I really need this. Thank you so much for this reminder! It means alot.

Quick Reply

Latest