The Student Room Group

Retaking 2023 help

Hello, ive got about a week till my results and I'm not feeling very sure if I can reach my desired university so I'm considering retaking. I've got a few questions about it.
1. What grades would I have to apply for in UCAS if I'm retaking
2. How much of my personal statement has to change
3. How to get my new teacher references (as I want to reapply as an external student)
Original post by Jkim1402
Hello, ive got about a week till my results and I'm not feeling very sure if I can reach my desired university so I'm considering retaking. I've got a few questions about it.
1. What grades would I have to apply for in UCAS if I'm retaking
2. How much of my personal statement has to change
3. How to get my new teacher references (as I want to reapply as an external student)

Hi there :hello:

Taking your questions in turn:

1) I believe you would need to put your existing A-level results from 2023 on your UCAS application with the grades you achieve next week, and then also put the subjects you are (re)sitting in 2024 with the grades set as 'pending'. That probably means some subjects go on twice.

2) That's a very big question that depends on what you're applying for next year, and in particular whether whatever you do next year in your gap year is going to be relevant to the subject you're applying for. It would obviously help your application if you could find more things to do in a gap year that were subject-related, whether that were in work or as a hobby outside work/whatever you ended up doing. But that really depends on the subject you're applying for and the position you're in by the autumn/winter.

3) Unless your relationship with your school/college has completely broken down, you should let them know (if this is what you decide next Thursday) that you're going to reapply through UCAS again next year, and ask them if they can provide a reference when the time comes. This will help them to prepare and hopefully keep on file what they wrote for you this year.

Don't forget the TSR Clearing and Applications Adviser team will be around on Thursday when you do have your results, if you have more questions or thoughts then! :yep:

Until then, good luck! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending