The Student Room Group

Final year possible incomplete software solution

Hi I have a curious question. I am working on my final year project in CS and the project has been overly ambitious a key component cannot be implemented. Writing where i have gone wrong and reflecting has been easy to document and achieving the required word count has been possible

My question then becomes is it still possible to gain a pass even if I cannot present a complete working software solution?
Reply 1
Original post by kakarot8717
Hi I have a curious question. I am working on my final year project in CS and the project has been overly ambitious a key component cannot be implemented. Writing where i have gone wrong and reflecting has been easy to document and achieving the required word count has been possible

My question then becomes is it still possible to gain a pass even if I cannot present a complete working software solution?

I would take to your personal tutor or project supervisor to discuss this. Some projects to turn out to be bigger and/or more complex than what was originally envisaged, and that might mean that completing it is unreasonable.

Can you get the project to build to something that can run, even though some functionality is missing?

Your project will be marked based on what you've produced, and what it was reasonable for you to have produced. And I would expect that having documentation and a reflection of what you've done and learned will be just as important as the coding you've done.

Is there anything in your course handbook or module description that details how your final-year project will be assessed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending