The Student Room Group

Would a university register you on the masters if you hadn't passed the degree

Hi, I hsve been accepted on the masters, but waiting for my final grades. Would they take you if you didn't pass. I'd the same university
Reply 1
Original post by Nicholas33
Hi, I hsve been accepted on the masters, but waiting for my final grades. Would they take you if you didn't pass. I'd the same university

No, you would need an undergrad before you can do the masters, so if you failed it then you would be withdrawn. Id be very surprised if it was any different.

Take care,

Greg
Normally your offer for the masters degree will be conditional on achieving a given result in your undergrad. If you fail to achieve this condition then the university does not have to accept you and if you failed outright, most likely wouldn't.
As above, usually conditional on achieving certain grades or overall classification. Possible exceptions for:

Delayed/incomplete results due to strike action

Provisional results due to some countries (*cough*India*cough*) being very slow at issuing final docs

If you mean "didn't pass" as in didn't meet the required result, then near misses are considered in much the same way as undergraduate, IE. at the unis discretion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending