The Student Room Group

PANIC! Submitted essay with incomplete referencing!!!

Suddenly realised I accidentally submitted the wrong version of my essay with references just 1/3 complete! APA style so the citations are all in but references not. How much do you think this'll cost me?? (It's past the deadline so I can't submit it again)
Reply 1
You will lose marks but I doubt it'll be too severe
Original post by Anonymous
Suddenly realised I accidentally submitted the wrong version of my essay with references just 1/3 complete! APA style so the citations are all in but references not. How much do you think this'll cost me?? (It's past the deadline so I can't submit it again)

So it's missing two-thirds of the reference list? Yes, there will be a penalty, but it won't be huge. What year are you in?
Reply 3
Yeah 2/3. I'm a second year, so it does count, but it's 50% of a 15 credit module so I'm probably panicking too much. I'm just upset with myself for than anything.
Yeah 2/3. I'm a second year, so it does count, but it's 50% of a 15 credit module so I'm probably panicking too much. I'm just upset with myself for than anything.

You could email your lecturer to notify of the error, but they aren't obligated to consider any corrections if the deadline has passed.
Reply 5

Any penalty will be minor. I'd get in touch anyway and tell them. Where i work now wouldn't take it into account, where I worked last year would. worth a go
Original post by gjd800
Any penalty will be minor. I'd get in touch anyway and tell them. Where i work now wouldn't take it into account, where I worked last year would. worth a go

This is 4 years late but I’m in a similar situation where I submitted my essay and the software reverted it back to a previous version of the file (lots of my peers have had this problem but spotted the error quickly) and the submitted exam has loads of grammar mistakes/unfinished sentences/incomplete references

I’m not allowed to appeal, they are not going to take this into account, and i am literally a mess thinking that im going to fail because of a technical problem that wasn’t my fault so any advice would be appreciated
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
This is 4 years late but I’m in a similar situation where I submitted my essay and the software reverted it back to a previous version of the file (lots of my peers have had this problem but spotted the error quickly) and the submitted exam has loads of grammar mistakes/unfinished sentences/incomplete references

I’m not allowed to appeal, they are not going to take this into account, and i am literally a mess thinking that im going to fail because of a technical problem that wasn’t my fault so any advice would be appreciated

There is nothing that you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending