The Student Room Group

Bad pupil support?

I have been struggling with diagnosed anxiety that has gotten increasingly worse, mostly due to school and my lack of attendance. About 2 years ago I got introduced to my pupil support (I'm from Scotland) and I opened up to her that my lack of attendance is due to my anxiety. She told me that it's all in my head and that I shouldn't be giving myself anxiety which I understand that it is in my head but it hurt me fir her to think that I choose to have anxiety?? I tried to explain that I've been diagnosed for years (since I was 7 or so) buy she immediately shut me down and yelled at me for lying to her. Over the years she had tried to 'help' by reducing my timetable but she only does it because my parents call higher ups in the school about her not doing anything and fir her being mean to me. Once she implements something like reducing my timetable, she immediately stops it when it finally starts to work then gets mad at me when I ask her to reduce my timetable. I think the most notable incident with her was about 6 months ago? And she got REALLY mad at me and was screaming at me to just shut up and go to my classes and that it isn't that hard to just go to school and I had a panic attack because she was yelling at this was in front of quite a few people. She kicked me out the room we were talking in because she was trying to force me to my class and I asked her if she thought my anxiety was fake and she said that she does and that she thinks I put it on for attention and I told my parents but nothing came from it. School is starting in less than a week and I'm worried again
Original post by Anonymous
I have been struggling with diagnosed anxiety that has gotten increasingly worse, mostly due to school and my lack of attendance. About 2 years ago I got introduced to my pupil support (I'm from Scotland) and I opened up to her that my lack of attendance is due to my anxiety. She told me that it's all in my head and that I shouldn't be giving myself anxiety which I understand that it is in my head but it hurt me fir her to think that I choose to have anxiety?? I tried to explain that I've been diagnosed for years (since I was 7 or so) buy she immediately shut me down and yelled at me for lying to her. Over the years she had tried to 'help' by reducing my timetable but she only does it because my parents call higher ups in the school about her not doing anything and fir her being mean to me. Once she implements something like reducing my timetable, she immediately stops it when it finally starts to work then gets mad at me when I ask her to reduce my timetable. I think the most notable incident with her was about 6 months ago? And she got REALLY mad at me and was screaming at me to just shut up and go to my classes and that it isn't that hard to just go to school and I had a panic attack because she was yelling at this was in front of quite a few people. She kicked me out the room we were talking in because she was trying to force me to my class and I asked her if she thought my anxiety was fake and she said that she does and that she thinks I put it on for attention and I told my parents but nothing came from it. School is starting in less than a week and I'm worried again

That’s crazy and absolutely awful. Do people higher up in school know how she’s treating you? If not then you or your parents need to tell someone because this has to stop
I’d encourage your parents to put in a formal complaint.
Reply 3
My parents have called and explained what happened to them but they just ignored it?? We were all very confused about that because I don't think you can say that to a kid that you are supposed to help but yeah, nothing came from it and she hasn't changed at all
Reply 4
Original post by Teribblestudent
That’s crazy and absolutely awful. Do people higher up in school know how she’s treating you? If not then you or your parents need to tell someone because this has to stop

I have asked them to do something about it but my parents are very cautious and since it's been 6 months I don't think they'll want to do anything about it
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
I’d encourage your parents to put in a formal complaint.

I'll have a conversation with them and hopefully they will do that, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest