The Student Room Group

Cardiff University Mechanical Engineering and Work Life

Hi,

So at the end of September I am off to Cardiff University to study Mechanical Engineering. I have also accepted working for a swim school (as I am a swim teacher) every Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any lectures or labs on the weekends at Cardiff Uni. I assume not from what I can see online but I just wanted to check.

Thanks
Original post by J4mp07
Hi,

So at the end of September I am off to Cardiff University to study Mechanical Engineering. I have also accepted working for a swim school (as I am a swim teacher) every Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any lectures or labs on the weekends at Cardiff Uni. I assume not from what I can see online but I just wanted to check.

Thanks

Hi there,
Congratulations on your offer to study Mechanical Engineering at Cardiff next year! From friends that I've had that study Mechanical Engineering, there is a pretty intense workload but with good planning you should be able to work your Saturday shift no worries. I've not heard of any lectures or labs on the weekends.

I hope this helps, good luck next year!

Jaz - Cardiff student rep:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,
Congratulations on your offer to study Mechanical Engineering at Cardiff next year! From friends that I've had that study Mechanical Engineering, there is a pretty intense workload but with good planning you should be able to work your Saturday shift no worries. I've not heard of any lectures or labs on the weekends.

I hope this helps, good luck next year!

Jaz - Cardiff student rep:smile:

Thank you very much! I was expecting a large workload so hopefully I'll be ready for it 😅 That's a massive relief thank you for the response. I did think it would be weird to have something on the weekend but just wanted to double check 👍
Original post by J4mp07
Thank you very much! I was expecting a large workload so hopefully I'll be ready for it 😅 That's a massive relief thank you for the response. I did think it would be weird to have something on the weekend but just wanted to double check 👍

I'm sure that it will be manageable if you plan your time! I hope that you have a great time at uni. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending