The Student Room Group

SFE Used Wrong Middle Name for My Application

Hello. I applied for a tuition fee loan and it got accepted, but I only noticed a week ago that SFE used the wrong middle name for my application, so I sent a Change of Circumstances form to SFE to have it changed. I attached a piece of paper to the form detailing the issue along with my correct middle name and evidence (photo of my birth certificate as I don't have a passport). While I did write my customer reference number on the Change of Circumstances form itself, and sign and date the declaration, I didn't sign, date, or write my customer reference number on the piece of paper I attached as I didn't know I had to do this at the time.

Please can someone let me know:
1) If the incorrect middle name of my loan application could affect the university recieving the tuition fee loan, or the maintenance loan being deposited into my bank account
2) If I also had to date and sign the attached piece of paper submitted with the Change of Circumstances form, and if I had to do so, do I need to resubmit the entire form?
3) When my middle name is correctly updated, will that also automatically update the name accompanying my bank account details on my SFE account.

With the university start date nearing, I'm quite stressed about this, especially with how the error isn't my fault (except for not noticing it), how long SFE will take to respond to me and if they respond too late, and I don't know the magnitude of the situation. Thank you for your help
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ScavengingHyena
Hello. I applied for a tuition fee loan and it got accepted, but I only noticed a week ago that SFE used the wrong middle name for my application, so I sent a Change of Circumstances form to SFE to have it changed. I attached a piece of paper to the form detailing the issue along with my correct middle name and evidence (photo of my birth certificate as I don't have a passport). While I did write my customer reference number on the Change of Circumstances form itself, and sign and date the declaration, I didn't sign, date, or write my customer reference number on the piece of paper I attached as I didn't know I had to do this at the time.

Please can someone let me know:
1) If the incorrect middle name of my loan application could affect the university recieving the tuition fee loan, or the maintenance loan being deposited into my bank account
2) If I also had to date and sign the attached piece of paper submitted with the Change of Circumstances form, and if I had to do so, do I need to resubmit the entire form?
3) When my middle name is correctly updated, will that also automatically update the name accompanying my bank account details on my SFE account.

With the university start date nearing, I'm quite stressed about this, especially with how the error isn't my fault (except for not noticing it), how long SFE will take to respond to me and if they respond too late, and I don't know the magnitude of the situation. Thank you for your help

Hi there,

It should still be updated for you as it can be identified as your evidence and if it clearly states that you need this to be updated, it will be updated. Our current timescales are approximately 8 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending