The Student Room Group

Economics with placement

I am currently studying history, Economics and maths A levels and looking to start economics degree in sept 24. I really want to a 4 year degree with placement integrated into the course but am struggling to find out which universities offer this. I know Bath Uni offers this and thought Nottingham uni did but when I looked into the course it seems that less then 1% of the students do this and so when you join back in the 4th year you would joining a new cohort. Please can anyone advise what universities offer 4 yrs economics with placement? Cheers
Original post by industrious-slug
I am currently studying history, Economics and maths A levels and looking to start economics degree in sept 24. I really want to a 4 year degree with placement integrated into the course but am struggling to find out which universities offer this. I know Bath Uni offers this and thought Nottingham uni did but when I looked into the course it seems that less then 1% of the students do this and so when you join back in the 4th year you would joining a new cohort. Please can anyone advise what universities offer 4 yrs economics with placement? Cheers

Hi!

I study Maths at Lancaster and have just finished my placement year. I loved my time on placement and would really recommend one as I have gained so much experience and skills that I wouldn't have otherwise. Placement year degrees are gaining popularity but with most universities, it will likely be the case that you will return to uni in your final year with a small group of students from your original cohort into a new cohort. I personally don't mind this since most of the final year modules for me are optional so I would have been in different groups for everything anyway but this will depend on your course.

Here are the links to the pages for Economics at Lancaster with a placement year in case you are interested:
BSc: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/economics-industry-bsc-hons-l105/2024/
BA: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/economics-industry-ba-hons-l111/2024/

Hope this helps and good luck with your A-Levels!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending