The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

The Official Portsmouth Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official University of Portsmouth 2024 Entry Thread

Portmouth-University-2021b-image-800s.jpg

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Portsmouth for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Portsmouth.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Portsmouth do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Portsmouth specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi how soon does portmouth usually take to respond to ucas offers
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Lee82
Hi how soon does portmouth usually take to respond to ucas offers

To give an offer? They have until the 16th of May to make that decision.
Reply 3
Whats Portsmouth like as a place to live?
Reply 4
When are Portsmouth giving interview offers???
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Portsmouth 2024 Entry Thread

Portmouth-University-2021b-image-800s.jpg

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Portsmouth for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Portsmouth.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Portsmouth do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Portsmouth specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.

Hiya, looking to apply for sociology and crim for next sept and accom wise hoping for trafalgar hall. Looking to see if anyone on here is looking at applying for the same course/subject area and/or accom as me :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I’ve been asked to submit a portfolio for my computer games design application I wanted to know if there is a maximum or recommended amount of images/pieces of work?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hiya, looking to apply for sociology and crim for next sept and accom wise hoping for trafalgar hall. Looking to see if anyone on here is looking at applying for the same course/subject area and/or accom as me :smile:

Hii, I actually applied for crim w/ forensics : ) but I am still deciding on what accommodation I'd like haha
Is there any specific accommodation that is better than the other (including the studio rooms)???
Reply 9
Original post by JaredK
Hi, I’ve been asked to submit a portfolio for my computer games design application I wanted to know if there is a maximum or recommended amount of images/pieces of work?
Hi, I’ve been accepted for software engineering and got asked to do the same! I provided both the code and the terminal, showed 3 of my main projects
Reply 10
Original post by enndiee
Hii, I actually applied for crim w/ forensics : ) but I am still deciding on what accommodation I'd like haha

Hii I also applied for the same course! Have you decided to firm Portsmouth? I'm actually having a pretty hard time deciding between unis (I'm deciding between Portsmouth, Coventry and Surrey) and was wondering about your decision process or what drew you to Portsmouth I guess :}}
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by parfemma
Hii I also applied for the same course! Have you decided to firm Portsmouth? I'm actually having a pretty hard time deciding between unis (I'm deciding between Portsmouth, Coventry and Surrey) and was wondering about your decision process or what drew you to Portsmouth I guess :}}

Hey!! I did decide to firm Portsmouth!! And tbh it was the modules and work placement because I imagine any job within these areas are gonna be super competitive so I wanna get that extra little boost haha. Have you decided on yours yet??
Reply 12
Original post by enndiee
Hey!! I did decide to firm Portsmouth!! And tbh it was the modules and work placement because I imagine any job within these areas are gonna be super competitive so I wanna get that extra little boost haha. Have you decided on yours yet??

Ohh that's true the modules are really appealing to me too so I'm leaning towards Portsmouth atm, but I still haven't made my decision yet :{ I'll attend the open experience day on the 2nd of March though and visit the other unis as well so hopefully it'll be easier for me to decide then
Reply 13
Ohh that's true the modules are really appealing to me too so I'm leaning towards Portsmouth atm, but I still haven't made my decision yet :{ I'll attend the open experience day on the 2nd of March though and visit the other unis as well so hopefully it'll be easier for me to decide then

Oooh yea!! That should def help!! Lmk how it goes when you visit Portsmouth because I don’t think I’ll be able to go :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by enndiee
Oooh yea!! That should def help!! Lmk how it goes when you visit Portsmouth because I don’t think I’ll be able to go :frown:

Ohh too bad, I'll surely keep you posted tho, I'm def glad I came across someone online who applied for the same course I did!
Reply 16
Ohh too bad, I'll surely keep you posted tho, I'm def glad I came across someone online who applied for the same course I did!

Yesss thank you!! Lmk if you want any socials or anything (idk if that’s allowed or not haha but it’d be easier than trynna converse through this)
Original post by enndiee
Yesss thank you!! Lmk if you want any socials or anything (idk if that’s allowed or not haha but it’d be easier than trynna converse through this)

Read the OP:
Original post by Talkative Toad

Reply 18
Original post by enndiee

Hiii yess that would be better, are you perhaps already in any groups?
PhD Application Time-frame
How long will the faculty take to give the decision on the PhD application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending