The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

The Official Portsmouth Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

How long will the faculty take to give the decision on the PhD application?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Please read the OP
Hey!!! Anyone here applied for PhDs and postgraduate research??
Reply 23
i haven’t applied yet as i haven’t got a reference and have been out of college for a year, i don’t live far from portsmouth so would choose to live at home but the one thing stopping me from going for it is the worry i won’t make friends from not living in student accom. i can drive so would be driving and its about 20 mins away, looking to do biology/ forensic + crim not sure if ill be able to get in bc of the deadline
Original post by moll777
i haven’t applied yet as i haven’t got a reference and have been out of college for a year, i don’t live far from portsmouth so would choose to live at home but the one thing stopping me from going for it is the worry i won’t make friends from not living in student accom. i can drive so would be driving and its about 20 mins away, looking to do biology/ forensic + crim not sure if ill be able to get in bc of the deadline

I think that you might still be able to apply but you simply won’t be equally considered compared to those who applied by the January deadline but I might be wrong.
Hello we are looking for replacements for our accommodation for the academic year 24/25 in Margaret halls is anyone interested?(4 rooms available)
Has anyone heard back about accommodation choices yet? I’ve applied for them and was told would here back from April just wondering if they’ve been given out yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone heard back about accommodation choices yet? I’ve applied for them and was told would here back from April just wondering if they’ve been given out yet?
those who firmed and booked earlier on have gotten confirmation for their accoms. i booked mine last week so i'm still waiting. i put catherine house as my first and rosalind franklin as my second, wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending