The Student Room Group

Degree choice

Hi all, my a levels currently mainly fit 3 courses Acturial sciences, economics and computer science. I just wanted to know how computer science would compare to the 2 other finance degrees in terms of things like job offers out of uni, course difficulty,Work life balance,Job enjoyability(I enjoy Computer Science mostly).Oh and also this may seem selfish of me but the Pay
Hello, Lancaster University offer both computer science and economics. In terms of job offers out of uni, both courses could get you a job at a well-known company, although you are not likely to. In terms of course difficulty, this depends on your personal preference for the subjects. In terms of Work life balance, the courses are designed to require an equal amount of work, although you may find that is not the case in reality. In terms of Job enjoyability, neither degree website claims that the jobs that students progress into will be enjoyable. However, the computer science degree gives more flexibility in graduate opportunities since every industry uses Computer Science. In terms of the Pay, the median starting salary of a computer science graduate is £30,900, while the economics course does not have a typical salary of its graduates.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by js234
Hi all, my a levels currently mainly fit 3 courses Acturial sciences, economics and computer science. I just wanted to know how computer science would compare to the 2 other finance degrees in terms of things like job offers out of uni, course difficulty,Work life balance,Job enjoyability(I enjoy Computer Science mostly).Oh and also this may seem selfish of me but the Pay

What two other finance degrees...?

You've mentioned work life balance before pay, why on earth would investment banking be your dream if that is the order of your priorities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending