The Student Room Group

Really anxious about going back to sixth form

I start Y13 in two days time, and I’m honestly so nervous, it’s affecting my sleep and just weighs on me constantly. As soon as I go back I’ll have instant homework on top of revision for a mock resit in one of my subjects, I have until the end of the month to get my predicted grades up (they’re already fairly good, enough to get me into some Russell groups, but I have always dreamt of going to a top uni that I don’t currently have the grades for, and I’m worried that I’ll really regret it if I don’t try now) but I feel I won’t have time to give each subject the attention it needs on top of uni applications and personal statement writing. Not to mention I don’t feel I did enough work during the summer holidays, which I’m scared people may pick up on or that it may affect my performance. I’m just so terrified that if I don’t get on top of things I’ll ruin my whole future.
Has anyone else ever felt like this? How did you cope?
Original post by Anonymous
I start Y13 in two days time, and I’m honestly so nervous, it’s affecting my sleep and just weighs on me constantly. As soon as I go back I’ll have instant homework on top of revision for a mock resit in one of my subjects, I have until the end of the month to get my predicted grades up (they’re already fairly good, enough to get me into some Russell groups, but I have always dreamt of going to a top uni that I don’t currently have the grades for, and I’m worried that I’ll really regret it if I don’t try now) but I feel I won’t have time to give each subject the attention it needs on top of uni applications and personal statement writing. Not to mention I don’t feel I did enough work during the summer holidays, which I’m scared people may pick up on or that it may affect my performance. I’m just so terrified that if I don’t get on top of things I’ll ruin my whole future.
Has anyone else ever felt like this? How did you cope?

Hey There

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties, I really sympathise with you as I have faced similar issues whilst studying an intense course at a top Russell Group university.

Before you go back to sixth form you could perhaps get into contact with your teachers and tell them about the challenges you face. I know this might feel a bit uncomfortable but they could suggests ways in which they can support you so that you can get the best out of Year 13.

I think the next thing you should think about is how to revise in a very structured way; there's nothing worse than jumping from subject to subject in a panic because it's important that you have a good depth of understanding. What A Levels are you doing and what would you like to study at university?

Quick Reply

Latest