The Student Room Group

The Official Psychology Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

I have offers from Sheffield and Loughborough for psychology and one from Warwick for psychology and linguistics ! Just waiting on UCL and KCL
Has anyone heard from UCL for psychology and language sciences ?
Original post by haechansgf
Has anyone heard from UCL for psychology and language sciences ?

I think debby66 has an offer for this course, saw her post on pg 2
Reply 43
Has anyone heard from UCL and LSE?
Original post by mangobb
Has anyone heard from UCL and LSE?

Heard from LSE, still waiting on UCL
Reply 45
Original post by Unoriginality
Heard from LSE, still waiting on UCL

Congrats on LSE!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by mangobb

Congrats on LSE!

Thank you!
got st andrews a couple of days ago so thrilled it’s my absolute dream uni
Reply 48
Original post by annabelolivia

Congratulations!
Reply 49
Conditionally offered Brighton, I’ve wanted to go for years! Just need to really push to get my access course done
Original post by annabelolivia
Omg Congrats. if possible could you tell me a bit about like what subjects you take and like the grade requirement. thank you
Original post by studentofdelaw
Omg Congrats. if possible could you tell me a bit about like what subjects you take and like the grade requirement. thank you

hi - i’m a gap year student from england with achieved grades of a* psych, a* eng lit, and a biology
hi everyone! i've applied for dentistry but i don't think i'm going to get in. i really love psychology so i might apply for it later. what kinds of jobs are you guys hoping to go into after completing your degree? which universities are good for psychology?
Original post by indiequeen
hi everyone! i've applied for dentistry but i don't think i'm going to get in. i really love psychology so i might apply for it later. what kinds of jobs are you guys hoping to go into after completing your degree? which universities are good for psychology?
Hi there! That's awesome you're considering psychology! For me personally, I'm really interested in clinical psych, so I'd love to go for roles such as assistant psychologist, trainee psychological wellbeing practitioner etc...

It'd be very hard for anyone to say what are the best universities for psych :smile: I'm a firm believer in researching universities - I think there are a lot of things to consider when looking for a good psychology course! Most courses are sort of standardised by the BPS accreditation, but some universities have strengths in particular areas of psychology. For example, a university might have more research in developmental psychology. It might be worth considering a particular university if that's your area of interest.

I would say student satisfaction is important as well. Discover Uni is a great website where you can compare different courses' student satisfaction ratings, and look at where students end up after their degree!

"Opportunities" is another thing I would say is important to consider. A great takeaway from university can be networking and getting the resources and opportunities to push yourself towards your career. So you might want to look at if there are any research opportunities, internships that the course offers. Maybe placement year and how good the list of contacts the university has. Or possibly how good the careers service is at the university.

Whilst league tables are definitely not everything, if you don't know where to start, it might be worth having a look at psychology specific ones to start off with, then research the courses more deeply :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 54
Original post by debby66
Just got an offer for UCL Psychology and Language sciences!!
hi! did you apply last year or this year?
Original post by mangobb
Hi, has anyone received offer from Bath?
My daughter got an offer in November, but she applied in October.
Reply 56
guys ive gotten all 5/5 of my psych offers back!! including ucl and kings college!
Original post by debby66
guys ive gotten all 5/5 of my psych offers back!! including ucl and kings college!

Congratulations! :groovy:

Which one are you thinking on firming?
And by the way, who's everyone doing right now? How's your application to psychology doing? And how's your A level revision going? :smile:
Reply 59
Waiting for a decision from Bath is driving me crazy! - I've got 4/5 of my decisions so just waiting on bath now... Have anyone heard from Bath for psychology recently?

Quick Reply

Latest