The Student Room Group

can I still have access to uni's libary resources after interrupting studies?

Hi I'm thinking of interrupting my studies. I'm just wondering would I still be able to have access to my uni's libary resources for free? My plan is to take a gap year, work and study there and then to help me consolidate my learning
Ask your uni directly.
Hi there,

If you still have your student card and university login, you should be able to access your uni's in-person and online resources, but it's always best to check with your uni's library services team. They will be able to help you more accurately- it may be that you have to fill in a form allowing you to use the resources, or you can just access them like normal.

I hope this helps- best of luck with your gap year!

-Ella
Reply 3
Not in the same way. You retain access to your email and maybe online stuff, but everything else generally stops because you effectively are no longer enroled as a student in the interruption period.

Some universities will allow more access in a restricted way. Generally you can look at stuff, but you can't borrow stuff. VLE access is usually removed and you lose accommodation etc. Sone universoties will remove all access (where I work is like this - you get nothing except email during interruption).

If you don't mind the question, why do you need to interrupt? It is quite a drastic step.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending