The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University Of Nottingham

Is the Uni of nottingham still an elite level university for law?
It’s pretty good. Idk about elite but it’s a target/good one.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
for law, id say yes. although im a bit bias as i am a first year student at the uni of notts but i have work experience in a magic circle firms plus know many 3rd years with training contracts there too.

but dont focus too much on 'elite' most if all russell groups unis are good for a job in lets say the magic circle firms.

but if you have any questions on the uni or course feel free to ask.
Reply 3
I start law in September and was wondering how good are the facilities?
Original post by Tylerharttt
I start law in September and was wondering how good are the facilities?

lmao didn't expect anyone to be awake, butt so the facilities for law includes what we call LASS, or the Law and social sciences building, this building ifisthe first building when entering campus and the majority of your lectures would be held there, theres one big lecture room which is alright i guess it does the job, its just a big room with a screen in the middle theres also a little cafe in Lass with seats which is pretty chill. for seminars and tutorials that will be held across campus on different buildings some in LASS others in the trent building which is that big medieval looking building you see everywhere if you search uni of notts online.
other lectures will be in keighton auditoreum or the coates building which is better that LASS more comfy and appealing to the eye but longer walk for me (will depend depending on accom though).
we then got hallward libary which is meant to be for law and social science students and its a very nice libary got a starbucks inside, quiet areas and areas where you can talk but the one youll use more often is george green libary as its 24/7 and its huge with really everything you want, food, drinks, comfy seats, sofas.

so yeah nothing special but it does the job. any other question boss?
Reply 5
Original post by intheimageofGOD
lmao didn't expect anyone to be awake, butt so the facilities for law includes what we call LASS, or the Law and social sciences building, this building ifisthe first building when entering campus and the majority of your lectures would be held there, theres one big lecture room which is alright i guess it does the job, its just a big room with a screen in the middle theres also a little cafe in Lass with seats which is pretty chill. for seminars and tutorials that will be held across campus on different buildings some in LASS others in the trent building which is that big medieval looking building you see everywhere if you search uni of notts online.
other lectures will be in keighton auditoreum or the coates building which is better that LASS more comfy and appealing to the eye but longer walk for me (will depend depending on accom though).
we then got hallward libary which is meant to be for law and social science students and its a very nice libary got a starbucks inside, quiet areas and areas where you can talk but the one youll use more often is george green libary as its 24/7 and its huge with really everything you want, food, drinks, comfy seats, sofas.

so yeah nothing special but it does the job. any other question boss?

How difficult has your first year been so far, and in way comparable to A-levels? Or has it been much harder/easier than you’d have thought?
How difficult has your first year been so far, and in way comparable to A-levels? Or has it been much harder/easier than you’d have thought?

ummmmmmmmm now of course this depends on your A levels but id say a lot more easier overall, id say the exams in itslef for uni was harder as its a 24 hour exam of hell basically but as a whole there wasn't much needed work you could easily not do no work and then grind for the last three weeks and get a 2.1, i dont reccommend this but i know people who do this and it has worked. But i would say for me its been easier but thats subjective i know people who are struggling like crazy.

I thought it would a lot more harder than it is, trust me law is common sense and it clicks, it took me a while for it to start making sense i remember the first couple weeks or even months I was doing horrible in all my practice exams and I didn't write any notes during lecutres becuase i was so lost but it gets easier as time passes.

so yeah easier overall but not that easy, the exams however were the worst thing ive experienced in a while academically.

keep the questions coming boss lmao got nothing else to do at 3.30 am
Reply 7
Haha, that’s good then, final questions.
What is the age range of most people, as I’ll be 20 when starting will I be older than most? And how have you found networking? Or have you not really bothered with. And lastly, how are the societies if you’ve done any?
Haha, that’s good then, final questions.
What is the age range of most people, as I’ll be 20 when starting will I be older than most? And how have you found networking? Or have you not really bothered with. And lastly, how are the societies if you’ve done any?

age range is mostly 18-20, being 20 you will probably be older than some but as theres loads doing gap years and stuff like that you won't be that older than most people. for networking the university does have many events and do send emails about events or things to apply to, to which you can network, i've found it fairly chill and not too bad. societies yeah ive done a few, theres the uon law society which is quite big does a couple events here and there, its not too bad. but theres a society for everything, if you like poker there a society for that, if you like films or even taylor swift, its just an easy way to make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending