The Student Room Group

Ulip 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ilovestarwars_g
Hi. One of my five UCAS options is ULIP (Uni of London Institute of Paris) for a degree in International Politics. I’m currently in year 13, and take Politics, History and English Literature A levels, was just wondering if anyone else is applying there.
And wondering how you’re also planning on living in Paris / getting to know you as we may be at the same uni!
- Grace

hey! i sent in my application last week for international politics with french and just got an invite to schedule an interview! for anyone who has done the interview, especially with part of it being conducted in french, what kinds of questions should i prepare for?
Reply 41
Original post by Lola_From_USA
Hi Grace! I applied on UCAS for International Politics at ULIP too for 2024 entry. I am an international student from America. Fingers crossed we get in!

hey! i’m american too and applied for ULIP! have you interviewed or gotten an offer yet?
Original post by nla710
hey! i’m american too and applied for ULIP! have you interviewed or gotten an offer yet?

YES, I have an offer for International Politics from ULIP! I can’t wait to visit on applicant holder day in March or April 2024.
Hi everyone!
I had my interview on Monday and received an offer from ULIP yesterday for French with International Relations!
Does anyone else hold an offer for this course and is thinking of going to the Journée des Recontrées in Easter?

Thank you,
Emma 😁
Original post by Emma_Atkinson
Hi everyone!
I had my interview on Monday and received an offer from ULIP yesterday for French with International Relations!
Does anyone else hold an offer for this course and is thinking of going to the Journée des Recontrées in Easter?

Thank you,
Emma 😁

Do you know the ULIP Journée des Recontrées date yet for 2024? Another post said it was March 23 or April 6. Is that true?
Do you know the ULIP Journée des Recontrées date yet for 2024? Another post said it was March 23 or April 6. Is that true?

I don’t think they have confirmed the final date yet, hopefully they will email us with more information of when it is soon! 😁
Hi everyone!

Thank you,
Emma 😁

Congratulations!!!
had my interview this afternoon for international politics and French! I'm relatively pleased with how it went, I guess I'll have to wait and see :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by erin11
had my interview this afternoon for international politics and French! I'm relatively pleased with how it went, I guess I'll have to wait and see :smile:

that’s so exciting, congrats! mine is in january so fingers crossed :smile: if you don’t mind me asking, what were the questions in french like? did you find them challenging?
Original post by nla710
that’s so exciting, congrats! mine is in january so fingers crossed :smile: if you don’t mind me asking, what were the questions in french like? did you find them challenging?

I was only asked one question in French, which was "why do you want to come to Paris/France and do French studies?"
Im happy to answer more questions, good luck :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by erin11

Congratulations on your interview today!!! Did they mention the chosen date for the upcoming offer holder day? Is it 23 March or 6 April?
Congratulations on your interview today!!! Did they mention the chosen date for the upcoming offer holder day? Is it 23 March or 6 April?

nothing mentioned about the offer holder day.
hey everyone,
just received a christmas email from ULIP - The offer holder day is confirmed for Saturday 23rd March 2024.

I’m still waiting to hear back from them haha 😅
Original post by erin11
hey everyone,
just received a christmas email from ULIP - The offer holder day is confirmed for Saturday 23rd March 2024.

I’m still waiting to hear back from them haha 😅

Outstanding! See you all there!
Outstanding! See you all there!

Yep just got the email!
I just booked my flights from New York to Paris to attend ULIP’s Applicant Open Day on Saturday, 23 March 2024. I will arrive with my older brother on Thursday, and we fly out Sunday. We’re staying at the Hotel Bourgogne & Montana. Can’t wait to see you all there!
just received my offer for international politics with French!
what are people thinking of doing for accommodation?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by erin11

Congratulations!! That’s amazing 🤩

I’m unsure on accommodation so I hope ULIP provide more information about it! What are you thinking? 😊
Congratulations!! That’s amazing 🤩

I’m unsure on accommodation so I hope ULIP provide more information about it! What are you thinking? 😊

either look in to the halls of residence that ULIP have partnerships with or potentially flat share! i’m quite unsure atm aha
Original post by erin11

It will be hard to get an apartment right after the Olympics. I am now thinking I should go with uni accommodations for my first year if I go to ULIP. Makes the whole process easier, especially since its so hard to rent a private flat in Paris without a Guarantor who lives in France.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending