The Student Room Group

Ulip 2024

Scroll to see replies

had a look at a couple of apartments on studapart today, there seems to be some good options out there both for living alone and flat sharing! if anyone else is considering flat sharing
Original post by erin11
had a look at a couple of apartments on studapart today, there seems to be some good options out there both for living alone and flat sharing! if anyone else is considering flat sharing

That sounds great, I’d be open to flat sharing as well as looking at the accommodation ULIP has partnerships with! 😁
I received an offer for French Studies with Business before Christmas, only waiting on one more uni offer! Not sure though if ulip is my top choice despite it being an amazing opportunity. I'm wary that it's a very small uni and class sizes will be small. Is anyone else torn over another uni because I feel silly putting it as a 2nd choice?
Original post by Anonymous #2
I received an offer for French Studies with Business before Christmas, only waiting on one more uni offer! Not sure though if ulip is my top choice despite it being an amazing opportunity. I'm wary that it's a very small uni and class sizes will be small. Is anyone else torn over another uni because I feel silly putting it as a 2nd choice?

After giving everything I’ve got for 4 years to get into Oxford (taking 4 A Levels AND 13 AP classes at the same time in America, a whole year early to apply with grades in hand) only to get cut on Tuesday after rocking my interviews… I think ULIP and Paris is exactly what I need.
(edited 3 months ago)

sounds like we’re in the same situation, except i applied international politics with french instead of business. but i’m also just waiting on one more offer. i feel the same way— it seems like a really great and unique opportunity, but i also struggle with it being SO small, the accommodation situation in paris terrifies me, and i wonder if i would regret not having the traditional uni experience in a lot of ways! so yeah basically same😭 what other uni are you torn on? for me it’s between glasgow, notts, and ULIP

ive got an offer for international politics with French - totally get what you mean!!
Original post by Lola_From_USA
After giving everything I’ve got for 4 years to get into Oxford (taking 4 A Levels AND 13 AP classes at the same time in America, a whole year early to apply with grades in hand) only to get cut on Tuesday after rocking my interviews… I think ULIP and Paris is exactly what I need.

Sorry to hear about Oxford ☹️ I didn't apply but had lots of friends disappointed on Tuesday so you're definitely not alone! Best of luck with ulip, I think I probably just need more time to consider my options...
Anyone excited about Applicant Open Day next month? I know I am!
(edited 2 months ago)

Yes! I’ll be there and can’t wait! Booked my flights a couple weeks ago

i’m in a bit of an awkward situation- i’m going on a school trip to paris that coincides with the applicant day but not sure whether if i’ll go bc the school trip was a bit spenny but idk :/
Original post by Anonymous #3
sounds like we’re in the same situation, except i applied international politics with french instead of business. but i’m also just waiting on one more offer. i feel the same way— it seems like a really great and unique opportunity, but i also struggle with it being SO small, the accommodation situation in paris terrifies me, and i wonder if i would regret not having the traditional uni experience in a lot of ways! so yeah basically same😭 what other uni are you torn on? for me it’s between glasgow, notts, and ULIP

i’m torn on bath, sheffield and ulip! bath and sheffield have really good courses, arguably better than ulip for me personally because i’d prefer a joint degree rather than a major/minor. think i’m going to give it more time but i feel like i’ll regret whatever i choose so idk 😭
Hey guys, I am firming my offer for St. Andrews, therefore I’m not attending the ULIP admitted student day on 23 March so I can attend StA offer holder day instead in early April. It totally breaks my heart. I wanted Paris so badly but my parents insist I pick a school that’s also prestigious in the U.S. I hope you all have fun and get together the night of Saturday 23 March and have a pint in my honor. Best wishes to all!
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey guys, I am firming my offer for St. Andrews, therefore I’m not attending the ULIP admitted student day on 23 March so I can attend StA offer holder day instead in early April. It totally breaks my heart. I wanted Paris so badly but my parents insist I pick a school that’s also prestigious in the U.S. I hope you all have fun and get together the night of Saturday 23 March and have a pint in my honor. Best wishes to all!
aww, that's a shame :frown: hope youre doing okay - its such a tough choice!!! St Andrews is an amazing uni though, you will absolutely smash it there and they will be very very lucky to have you <3
Hi does anyone know when we have to apply for the student accommodation or when we should start looking as I know some UK universities have released theirs this week?
Original post by oliviablanks
Hi does anyone know when we have to apply for the student accommodation or when we should start looking as I know some UK universities have released theirs this week?
Hi! I think ULIP will hopefully send an email when we can apply for student accommodation. Are you planning on going to the applicant day in a few weeks? I am going for French with International Relations but I don’t know anyone else who is doing this! :smile:
Yes I am going. I have an offer for just french studies!
I didn't make it to the Applicant day last week - how was it??
who here is thinking of firming Paris?
I really really want to but Im still a little bit torn between my choices
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by oliviablanks

Ulip student accommodations opens in late May / early June. There doesn’t seem to be a rush like other unis because they usually have more units than demand.
Original post by erin11
I didn't make it to the Applicant day last week - how was it??
Applicant day was on 23 March and there were many more people than I ever expected. Lovely building, lovely people, all so friendly. Great presentations from professors and support staff . I firmed my offer the day I got home, I get need to make my grades now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending