The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

The Official Queen's University Belfast Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cxeline22
yeah true i hope to get an interview 😅 we’ll see
have you applied to any other unis for pharmacy?? or is queens your top choice

Yes, i applied to ucl and bath. Got interview offer from bath, just waiting for ucl
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 21
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official Queen's University Belfast 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Queen's University Belfast for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bedfordshire.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Queen's University Belfast do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Queen's University Belfast specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

I applied for a couple chemistry in early November, and still haven't gotten any offers. I have a couple questions;

What's the longest they would take to send an offer? Is there any point holding out hope that I could get an offer?

Do they send a rejection letter, or will I just not hear from them if I don't get in?

Thanks everyone
Original post by McKelve05
I applied for a couple chemistry in early November, and still haven't gotten any offers. I have a couple questions;

What's the longest they would take to send an offer? Is there any point holding out hope that I could get an offer?

Do they send a rejection letter, or will I just not hear from them if I don't get in?

Thanks everyone

From.earlier years seem QUB quite slow in getting offers out. I am waiting to hear on biology and have predicted grades much higher than required.Dont give up it is still early and some got offers in March in past
Original post by Anonymous #4
From.earlier years seem QUB quite slow in getting offers out. I am waiting to hear on biology and have predicted grades much higher than required.Dont give up it is still early and some got offers in March in past

same but for chemistry. I intended on them being my safe option but still no response haha I've had a response from my top choice asw.

Thanks everyone

I applied for chemistry in early october and still nothing despite having much higher predicted grades so no worries
Hi guys
It’s unlikely u will hear from queens until after the deadline especially for the more popular courses as they are known for being very slow and majority of my friends got offers from Manchester Edinburgh etc well before queens

Thanks everyone

I keep plastering this everywhere but:

Universities have until May to reply as far as I’m aware.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/ucas-undergraduate-types-offer

16th of May if you applied by 31st of January (https://howlongagogo.com/date/2024/may/16)
17th of July if you applied by 30th of June (https://howlongagogo.com/date/2024/July/17)
Original post by Améliex
Hiya everyone ! I’m doing classics, history and psychology for A-level and I’ve got my offer for Queens for Law! Has anyone else applied for law 2024 ?

What were your predicted grades?
Reply 28
Has anyone heard back from the Drama and English or just Drama course yet? I applied start of December and nothing yet, and my friend got an offer for Film and Theatre Making which I assume is the same department?
Reply 29
Original post by milena334
I have a place I queens for 2024 on deffered entry for PPE, I got AAA! If there's any groupchats etc let me know! Id be happy to answer questions etc too

Im applying to Queens mary belfast for deferred entry 2025. How much interview prep did you do and if you have any tips please could you let me know. Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied for chemistry in early october and still nothing despite having much higher predicted grades so no worries

There's still plenty of time but the order they do stuff is odd. I got an offer very quickly in Dec for the MChem with placement but maybe there were fewer applicants for the M Chem
Original post by Anonymous #4
There's still plenty of time but the order they do stuff is odd. I got an offer very quickly in Dec for the MChem with placement but maybe there were fewer applicants for the M Chem

true but now i’m worried because i’ve heard back from all except belfast.

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Queen's University Belfast for 2024!

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Bedfordshire.

5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.

Offer for Film studies and production with 9988766666 A*A*A* Media, art and politics and GB student.

Hi! For those of you who have applied to both Queens and Ulster for nursing, have Queens been in contact with you about the interview, or has it only been Ulster? Just trying to work out if the interview I am going to do is for both or just one. Thanks!
i still haven’t heard back i’m honestly really considering just withdrawing my application.
i might wait out another week or two becuase the offer holder day is on the 23rd of march so i assume they’re gonna get all the responses out before then but idk
I would think they'd get offers out by offer holder day. I suppose you could ask admissions. Not a lot of point in withdrawing application at this stage.
I hope they get the remaining decisions sorted ASAP before offer holder day! If I get an offer I’d like to attend it, but would need to plan something and can’t really do that until I have an answer :,) The wait is killing me lmao
They will probably get back to you sometime this month. There’s normally a massive influx of offers just before Easter so I wouldn’t recommend. Pulling out your application at this point.
Original post by Anonymous #6
Offer for Film studies and production with 9988766666 A*A*A* Media, art and politics and GB student.

I’ve also got an offer for Films studies and production and I’m a GB student as well 🔥

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending