The Student Room Group

Reading accommodation needed urgent

Having a bit of a crisis. I was promised guaranteed accommodation with the University of Reading, but they have just told me all of their accommodation is sold out. I live in Northern Ireland and need to move over soon to start my course.

How can I quickly find alternate accommodation? House share or whatever is fine, I just need to know how I can find this. Thanks.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by forcedtomakeaunt
Having a bit of a crisis. I was promised guaranteed accommodation with the University of Reading, but they have just told me all of their accommodation is sold out. I live in Northern Ireland and need to move over soon to start my course.

How can I quickly find alternate accommodation? House share or whatever is fine, I just need to know how I can find this. Thanks.

If accommodation was guaranteed then they should be honouring this.. ask them to sort it or give you info on how to find somewhere.
Original post by Muttley79
If accommodation was guaranteed then they should be honouring this.. ask them to sort it or give you info on how to find somewhere.

Yeah i have done this, they just said there isnt much they can do since all the rooms are booked. I am getting in contact with someone but they stressed that it isnt specifically their job to help students find accommodation
Yeah i have done this, they just said there isnt much they can do since all the rooms are booked. I am getting in contact with someone but they stressed that it isnt specifically their job to help students find accommodation

Hi @forcedtomakeaunt,

Really sorry to hear that, hopefully something can be sorted out. My best advice to you whilst you're waiting is keep an eye on the university Facebook pages - people often list accommodations for takeover here, so it's worth putting up a post to ask, and if you haven't already, contact the university accommodation teams via telephone at 0118 200 5011 or email [email protected]. I would recommend calling, but the lines will likely be busy with lots of freshers moving in. I'd also encourage you to check out the available accommodations page before calling to see if there's anything you're interested in and could discuss with them. Our Students Union also offer housing advice services you may want to consult here, and there are bulletins in the building that often have flyers on for people looking for housemates, so maybe enquire about that too if you'd like.

If you need any advice about anything - housing, enrolment, your course, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll get back to you as soon as we can, but I'm sure staff will be in contact with you soon if not already.
Best Wishes,
Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student
(edited 7 months ago)

We’re sorry to hear about your situation and understand this must be concerning for you. We take our accommodation guarantee commitment seriously, and will be in touch with you separately to understand what has happened and how we can assist you.

Global Recruitment & Admissions
University of Reading
Reply 5

Hi,

Are you still looking for accommodation because I have an en suite room available from the 12th December 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending